What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

• This is where you introduce yourself - please click here
    Read the first post please

Incident points calculation?

Joakim Stensnaes

Reaction score
Hey everyone o/

I just joined SRC so please excuse my incompitence, but I can't find anywhere about how incident points are calculated, the only thing I can find is in regards to safetyrating paragraphs under the rules for the different series.

The reason I'm asking is because I just raced the SCRA Suzuka race (which was great btw!) and I couldn't help but notice that I got 50 incident points in total: http://simracingclub.liveracers.com/Results/Result/fb4573c9-2437-4965-ac13-1940f50d124b
I'm very new so this might be alot or it might not, you tell me :) But fair enough If some of my off-tracks counted for some incident points. But I'm going through the race and comparing the incident points for a specific lap, with the replay, and taking lap 5 as an example, I got 7 incident points? Yet it's a 99.9% clean lap, only place I think it might have been detecting something was first part of the last chicane and it looks like this:
0mpbXjl.png

I have similar 'cut tracks' scattered around the race, sometimes on laps with no incident points, sometimes there's one incident point, so on and so forth...

As an example I got 13 incident points on lap 9. Without even the tiniest cut like the one shown above on lap 5.

And then just a last example, lap 42 i had an off through turn 12:
xU78MIE.png

This lap has no incident points.

It's not that I want to complain about the incident system or any incidents that I might have gotten for good reason, but I can't really see the logic in how this thing works. And I'd love to understand how it works so that I can improve wherever I'm supposed to improve.

Maybe this is a none issue and the incident points on the results page are not actually incident points used for anything?

Anyway, I'd just really like some clarification on this :)

Thanks and kind regards o/
Joakim

Btw. the calculation of these incidents is like: if you hear and incident, you get +1 and if somebody have a collision with e.g a cone and the cone is stuck under the car, then rFactor 2 creates a lot of incidents.

You are right, in SRCA we don t use points on the results page for anything.
But you still use these points for other series?
Btw. the calculation of these incidents is like: if you hear and incident, you get +1 and if somebody have a collision with e.g a cone and the cone is stuck under the car, then rFactor 2 creates a lot of incidents.
All I really want to know is how these incident points are detected/calculated, but I suppose it's rFactor 2 doing the calculations, and not some serverside 3rd party plugin?

I can say only about SRCA, because I am not involved to other SR.C series as a race marshall.

We don't use the points in any of the series because, as mentioned, the way they work makes them very unreliable.

Alright, I won't speculate anymore then.

On another note, is there a proper explanation of the safety rating system? I know you gain 25 SR when entering an event, and you loose some for different issues, warnings 10 points, infraction 25 and so on. But how do you gain SR other than participating in an event? Or is that the only way?
- Would be nice with a thread describing this like the thread describing the licenses :)

Cheers

On another note, is there a proper explanation of the safety rating system? I know you gain 25 SR when entering an event, and you loose some for different issues, warnings 10 points, infraction 25 and so on. But how do you gain SR other than participating in an event? Or is that the only way?
- Would be nice with a thread describing this like the thread describing the licenses :)

Cheers
The SR system is explained in the respective series (VEC and VLMS) this is not used in SRCA. Its explained sufficient in the rules of each series :)

But you still use these points for other series?

All I really want to know is how these incident points are detected/calculated, but I suppose it's rFactor 2 doing the calculations, and not some serverside 3rd party plugin?

Yes rFactor 2 do the calculation. The liveracers plugin only shows the result of the calculation. You can't use this value, because an "if somebody hear an incident" is only useful for showing the replay.

Cheers

There is a reason why there is no "points system" is published for SRCA so people can't nail us down on something. Licenses are not the result of computer calculations, there is more to consider

You will be treated the same way as everyone else. I think our system always benefits the driver if in doubt. So concentrate on driving and you'll get a license or not. And if you don't get one and ask nicely we tell you what to improve to get one.

There is a reason why there is no "points system" is published for SRCA so people can't nail us down on something. Licenses are not the result of computer calculations, there is more to consider

You will be treated the same way as everyone else. I think our system always benefits the driver if in doubt. So concentrate on driving and you'll get a license or not. And if you don't get one and ask nicely we tell you what to improve to get one.
It was not so much in regards to the license system. More the safety rating system by itself, just curious.

The SR system is explained in the respective series (VEC and VLMS) this is not used in SRCA. Its explained sufficient in the rules of each series :)
I have read the rules in regards to the safety rating, but was just curious if there were other ways to gain SR. I suppose only participating in a an event, rewards the SR, as stated in the rule set :)

Alright thanks guys :thumbsup: (y)