What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

• This is where you introduce yourself - please click here
    Read the first post please

GID HUD

I used it at Le Mans when racing, it shouldnt give issues - but it has to run in 32bit, which obviously only use 3.xx GB of ram where 64bit can use over 4GB of ram.
I wouldnt use it.

That counts only if the OS is 32bit. If the OS is 64bit but the application is 32bit, therefor is the RAM for this single application limited to 4GByte. Assumed that you have more RAM than the 4GByte installed, which can be used for OS and other applications. That's the reason why it is possible to run rF1 with higher grids by using the 4GByte Patch under 64bit OS. If the OS is onyl 32bit, a single application can use only max. 2GByte and the complete OS can manage only 3.2-3.7 GByte, no matter if you have more RAM installed.

For 64Bit OS and 64Bit application is no limitation, except the RAM size who have installed.

That was the point Allison and I were trying to make ;)

You are stuck at 32bit and limited RAM unless your plugins work in 64bit...

I've run Trackmap in every VEC race ... never had any problems that could be blamed on it. It does use a few fps, but not much.

Also, Fazerbox has informed us that a 64bit version of Trackmap is coming soon ..., he apparently now has software he can make 64bit progs with.

Has anyone confirmed that a 32bit client side has had memory problems? It's certainly conceivable, but as far as memory access is concerned, rF1 could only handle 40 cars online, rF2, I assume sends more data across the internet, so more than 40 cars is probably unrealistic for other reasons.

It seems to me that a 64bit server is more important and valuable, which I assume is what we are now running.

Denser polycounts for both tracks and car, high resolution textures and ALOT of cars would easily bring the memory requirements above critical range, ISI have said so themselfes which is why they focused on giving us 64bit - but as said you can come a long way by using lower graphics settings. Be my guest and give 32bit a shot at Road Atlanta for a test.