What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

• This is where you introduce yourself - please click here
    Read the first post please

Car to shiny in game

FYI, not all car templates from URD even come with such an alpha channel. I remember the Ferrari not having one for example. So creating some and distributing those as part of the template probably makes sense.

That's clearly a mistake. I'll find a solution with Jimmy :)

Is it planned released new car templates with new alpha layers? I ask this for waiting or edit my alpha layer. The main reason is that my base colour is white and depends a lot how shiny or dark is the template.

Is it planned released new car templates with new alpha layers? I ask this for waiting or edit my alpha layer. The main reason is that my base colour is white and depends a lot how shiny or dark is the template.
Yes - they are about to be released. Gimme 10 mins

There we go - all templates are now updated. If you allready have submitted - dont worry, we will have a look at the alpha :)

I don't wanna be a pain in the A.... (Sorry i can't express myself in an adult way, so sometimes I use swearing - but luckily the forum corrects me), but, in my opinion still looking so shiny. I tried different colours for the alpha layer and the most realistic layer is the same that Mercel Offermans posted in the last page.

With photoshop, and taking the original alpha layer (the shiny layer), press CTRL + M (with the alpha layer activated) and I choosed: Exit value, between 65 and 90, and the other 255.

But as I said before, it is my opinion.

Last edited:
Yeah well, we can't make everybody happy - but we don't want cars looking like paper or towels... Are you using HDR ?

Some underlying textures in each car have been changed also, so please just use the templates and their alpha provided, so we can have a less messy looking grid (or two :p )