What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

• This is where you introduce yourself - please click here
    Read the first post please

Announcement Black Hawk Racing

Bernd Schmidt

Reaction score
For a long time there was silence around the drivers of Game Area 51. However, at the main building the lights are still shining and you can tell there is something going on. Now after more than 2 months, Bernd Schmidt presents the long awaited news to the public of the SimRacing world:

The multi-gamers from Game Area 51 decide to focus on their strongest pillar, the SimRacing, and form the independent Racing Team: Black Hawk Racing

First, we were all astonished. What has happened? What will become of Game Area 51? Who are the drivers in Black Hawk Racing? Which racing-sim will they turn to? For all these questions Fatih Demirci and Bernd Schmidt take the time to explain to us this in an interview

SimRacingNews:

Hello Bernd, hello Fatih,
for a long time it was quiet around you. Now you come up with this news, how happened?

Fatih Demirci:

when Martin Swaczyna and I founded Game Area 51 (in short GA51) in 2007, we wanted to keep it as neutral and as future-oriented as possible and opted for a Multi Gaming Platform.
Until six months ago, I led the Platform mostly alone. In the pCars series I got to know Bernd, Alex and Patrick and knew immediately that they would fit well in the team and was happy about the fact that they all joined GA51. The long-distance races, including the 24H of Le Mans (VEC) showed with how much heart and soul the new colleagues were involved and we thought, we could make it even better being a dedicated RACING TEAM in the future. Now at this point I think Bernd as new team Principal of the Racing Team “Black Hawk Racing” can give more details about it.

Bernd Schmidt:

Well, after Le'Mans we realized it has to change something for the future, because the current structure and driver pairing was not quite optimal. As a result, there was some discussion and various plans for different scenarios and at the end it all to the conclusion that we go on unified under Black Hawk Racing.

SimRacingNews:

We are pleased to hear that, but what will become of Game Area 51 now?

Fatih Demirci:

GA51 will continue to exist, because GA51 is the root of it all. The fact is that our focus is currently directed solely to the SimRacing. We will update our Web appearance accordingly and put Black Hawk Racing as main, but subtitled “powered by GA51”

Bernd Schmidt:

Yes, the community will continue to exist. And at this point I would like to say thank you the trust in me. I am really looking forward to leading the team.

SimRacingNews:

Fatih you will also be manageing the new team Black Hawk Racing?

Fatih Demirci:

No, the leadership of our team is completely in the hands of Bernd Schmidt.

Bernd Schmidt:

Team-Leader of Black Hawk Racing is my person and there are Alex Bräutigam and Patrick Baaden in the team management to support my side. Why is this?
easy to explain: Fatih & Martin do not have the time one would need to invest in the restructuring and management, so we have decided to change that too.

SimRacingNews:

Ok, Bernd and that brings me to my next question, who will be the fixed drivers for BHR?

Bernd Schmidt:

First, of course, all the well known drivers of GA51, as there are: Alex Bräutigam, Patrick Baaden, Markus Walter, James Duku, Fatih Demirci, Martin Swaczyna, Thomas Schmitt, Ralf Stingl, Walter Hampf, Marc Paulaner, Sascha Glatter, Ben Melch and also my person. As new drivers we have Tom Knoll & Fabian Wolf, and then there are our series-specific drivers like Marius Nicolae and David Jundt.

SimRacingNews:

In which racing series will you particiate?

Bernd Schmidt:

To make it short, we will definitely be racing in the VEC and maybe also in the VLMS presented by SimRacing.Club, then in the ISEC and the Nissan 370Z Cup presented by XtremeRPM, and in the Touring Classics, the Monday Night Cup, the GT-Pro and GT-MultiClass Series presented by SimRacing-United. But I also think that in the near or distant future, other racing series will challenge our team.

SimRacingNews:

Bernd, I thank you very much for your time and the interview and wish you good luck.