What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

• This is where you introduce yourself - please click here
    Read the first post please

144hz monitor for sim racing

Arwin Taruna

Reaction score
Hi fellas

i just want to weigh a decision to upgrade from 60hz to 144hz. :unsure:

bet some of guys here using 144hz monitor
i would be so grateful if anyone here share a couple words of experience and awe from getting more than 60 fps. is it really worth the money and benefits? it costs almost 200% from 60hz version

hey :)
I have a 144hz monitor (An Asus PG248Q) and I will NEVER go back to 60hz. It feels way-way better and precisive.
Overall gaming is more fun with 144 (counter strike for example). But you have to keep in mind that the most 144hz monitors have a TN-panel which isn't able to produce a realistic black, but that's in my opinion still god enough.
do you have an Nvidia grafic card ?
cheers

Personally i don't know how so many Guys can still run these 60hz Monitors...if you had a 144hz once, you never wanna go back. The driving itself feels so much more accurate and direct in the input that you give from the wheel. Furthermore the Impression of the Speed is a lot better, in this case a lot quicker than with 60hz.

Go for it ;-) absolutely worth it.

I have a 60hz monitor overclocked to 75hz and it feels smoother, so with 144hz has to be amazing.. Will be my next purchase :)

Really simple, if you have the money buy 1 or 3 depending on what is your objective.
If you don't have the money stay with what you have.
It is obviously better than a 60hz monitor.
Just one thing, don't forget that you need to have 144+fps all the time to take advantage of the 144hz.

It depends on the budget and if you have a Nvidia card or not.

edit:
you need to connect the monitor with a display port cable, HDMI only supports 60hz as far as I know

It depends on the budget and if you have a Nvidia card or not.

edit:
you need to connect the monitor with a display port cable, HDMI only supports 60hz as far as I know

Personally i don't know how so many Guys can still run these 60hz Monitors...if you had a 144hz once, you never wanna go back. The driving itself feels so much more accurate and direct in the input that you give from the wheel. Furthermore the Impression of the Speed is a lot better, in this case a lot quicker than with 60hz.

Go for it ;-) absolutely worth it.

Really simple, if you have the money buy 1 or 3 depending on what is your objective.
If you don't have the money stay with what you have.
It is obviously better than a 60hz monitor.
Just one thing, don't forget that you need to have 144+fps all the time to take advantage of the 144hz.

I can definitely recommend a monitor with a higher refresh rate and I would definitely go for one with Gsync if you have Nvidia or freesync otherwise.

thanks a lot guys... my main concern is that with above 60 fps, do you really can react & brake more precise? what are other performance-esques gain we could get from those monitors?

now im using benq RL24 60hz (if not capped i get 330-ish fps) with 1070 , the plan is to save some bucks for benq XL24 144hz. sadly i did my research and Gsync monitors are very premium and rare here..

yes, it makes a huge difference in your reaction and smoothness.
what is your budget?
I also have a gtx 1070 and a gsync monitor, gsync is really nice but sadly expensive :(

thanks a lot guys... my main concern is that with above 60 fps, do you really can react & brake more precise? what are other performance-esques gain we could get from those monitors?

now im using benq RL24 60hz (if not capped i get 330-ish fps) with 1070 , the plan is to save some bucks for benq XL24 144hz. sadly i did my research and Gsync monitors are very premium and rare here..

I got that Monitor you mentioned. Loving it. :)