What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

R2 - Estoril

Matej Lakota

Reaction score
Race Length: 90 Minutes
Simulated Race Time: 14:00 - 15:30
Weather forecast: Click here

Race schedule:
19:00 - Server reboot
19:05 - Open practice
19:55 - All cars must be on the server, all racers connected to TeamSpeak (everyone alone in his own channel) - and stay there
20:35 – 20:50 - Qualifying
20:50 – 20:55 - 5 min break/warmup
20:57 - Start of formation lap - formation lap under pit limiter
21:00 - Green flag announced by race director

Real name mandatory, otherwise you will get black flag in open practice before the race.
Driver has to change nickname after 1st warning when admins notice he is not using real name, otherwise he will be excluded from SRCA league before the first race.

Server: The latest build
Flag rules: Black only

Review the rules before joining the server for the race.
Orange Zone: In effect through first full lap

Last edited by a moderator:
[Parsehtml]
<iframe id="forecast_embed" type="text/html" frameborder="0" height="245"
width="100%"
src="http://forecast.io/embed/#lat=38.7505686&lon=-9.3941956&name=Estoril&color=#FF0000&font=Georgia&units=uk"></iframe>[/Parsehtml]

est.png

(thanks Tero)

Stewards review

Orange Zone:
230 - C. Twigger brakes far too light and causes several collisions in the process - avoidable contact - 30 second stop and hold
240 - J. Grzywacz causes M. Henebury to spin and in the reaction following the contact, also hits J. Hansen - Avoidable contact - 30 second stop and hold
294 - A. Roloff Groth rejoins the track in an unsafe manner - unsafe rejoin - 30 second stop and hold
308 - A. Roloff Groth steers into M. Henebury while on a straight - Avoidable contact - 30 second stop and hold

Pit entry and exit blend line violations
697 - J. Grzywacz
2515 - J. Doornbus
2831 - A. Araujo
3034 - M. Turner
3255 - M. Williams
3296 - F. Schroeder
3381 - M. Williams

Reported incidents:
230 & 240 - Orange zone, already reviewed.
4830 - Initial contact between V. Kraaner and M. Henebury was a racing incident. Following the incident, V. Kraaner rejoins the track in an unsafe manner but fails to do so properly, proceeds to stay on the throttle to try and turn the car - Unsafe rejoin + failure to lock brakes + reckless and unpredictable driving - 60 second stop and hold AND a drive through

Penalties carried over from previous race
D. Gaspar - Drive through
M. Greenall - 30 second stop and hold

Final penalty summary

D. Gaspar - Drive through
M. Greenall - 30 second stop and hold
J. Gzywacz - 60 second stop and hold
J. Doornbus - Drive through
A. Araujo - Drive through
M. Turner - Drive through
M. Williams - 30 second stop and hold
F. Schroeder - Drive through
C. Twigger - 30 second stop and hold
A. Roloff Groth - 60 second stop and hold + drive through (Two separate penalties, in this order)
V. Kraaner - 60 second stop and hold + drive through (Two separate penalties, in this order)

For new drivers, penalties will be applied to you by the game, roughly 10 minutes in to the next race session.

We only looked at the reported incidents (IRR's), please submit an IRR if you want to have an incident reviewed.

Last edited:
What to do when you are about to be lapped?

There a saying that is often used in design - less is more. It also applies well to this topic. Because when being lapped you really don't have to do a lot. But lets stop back for a moment. As I see it, the key things to incident-free racing are predictability and being seen. But being seen is not a problem when you're getting lapped so we can forget that now.

So lets talk about predictability. The best way to be predictable is to drive as you would usually. And that is to stay on the racing line and brake at your braking points. Not earlier and not too late. And you also want to take corners at the speed that you normally do. And also accelerate out of the corners as fast as you can, as you would usually do. You do all these things when the faster guy is behind you.

You let the faster car initiate the overtake and then, if you have to, you can help out a little bit. If he's faster out of a corner and moves over to start the overtake, you can lift off the throttle a little bit. But you don't have to if he can pass you in time for the next brake marker. But if it looks like he won't fully pass you by the next brake marker then you can also brake a bit earlier to give him more room but also give yourself more room when braking and turning into the corner.

Doing things this way also costs you the least amount of time. And you're also still racing your own race and that's as important as anyone else's!
:)

I think honestly this should be pinned somewhere in the SRCA fourm i feel that alot off people didnt know how to deal with a faster car lapping them i had one car at Nola literally slam the brakes on which nearly ended my race and probably theirs as well. i also had some people battling me like it was for position which isnt as bad as my previous point but still can be quite annoying when you have a car behind you that is racing for position catching because they are holding you back.

but to sum it up i think this should be pinned somewhere

and as Tero put it this isnt me saying im faster than you get out of my way we all have the right to race but i feel we should make this clear so we don't have silly accidents due to miscommunicates and possibly ending each others race.

I would not be able to compete during this season, sorry but I'm having too many problems with the game and my pc.
Please remove me from the season... Thank you for the effort you put into organizing these events.

Wow, this huge fellow is so sensitive to changes made in tire pressure and camber (1kPa off = +0.1sec). :eek:

I just remembered last race a few guys got the c80 wrong:
During the c80 you should switch on your pit limiter. That way you can keep the speed at 80.
I saw at least one guy struggle to keep the speed at 80

I just remembered last race a few guys got the c80 wrong:
During the c80 you should switch on your pit limiter. That way you can keep the speed at 80.
I saw at least one guy struggle to keep the speed at 80
And just to try and make it clear, CODE 80 is always with pit limiter engaged. Even if the pit limit(er) speed is 60 or 100 or something else. The name is a bit misleading but:
CODE 80 = Pit Limiter engaged/enabled/on

Last edited:
Forgot to comment on this.
It is essentially explained in the rules, if people would like to read it ;)
Yeah, true. And people should re-read the rules from time to time. I should. Repetition is how you hammer in stuff that needs to be learned. It also helps to say the same thing differently or in more detail and with reasoning behind why you should do what you should do :)

Guys i'm so sorry but i cannot make tonights race. Of course i would like to have given more notice but there has been a death in the family and sometimes racing must take a back seat. I hope to make the final round and nail that pit entry. Thanks in advance for understanding.

Hi,
Had a problem in my wheel and could not make it to work.
Sorry about that.
DG

Last edited: