What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

R2 - Estoril

Well it was going all quite well until my connection decided it would be funny to blow up during the race. I hope that didn't hurt anybody's race, I was next to Jeremy when it happened.

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it for the last round as I won't be home next week so have a good race everyone

No it was fine Nello. It was a bit crazy when you started pinging around though!

Not a great start to the race as I got punted in turn 1 and lost about 5 positions plus a lot of time. Put my head down after that and tried to keep it clean. I did tap @Conlan Blamey into turn 4 I think it was but pretty sure I was squeezed as I felt like I had no room. Sorry if it was actually a mistake. I was doing well up until the pitstop when what do you know, i buggered up the pit entry this time and got another stop/go! Really frustrating as I came out of that pit stop in 7th, so came around and pitted straight away. Came out behind @Jaroslaw Grzywacz and spent many laps behind him. It wasn't until the last couple of laps when @Beto Belo came close that I lost a bit of concentration and he managed to pass me, leaving me to finish in 10th.

I'm really annoyed at myself as I was watching the gaps to 6th and I was catching so if I hadn't had the pitlane penalty I would have been much higher up. Oh well, the proverbial happens. I'll be practising my pit stops for the next race for sure!!!!

Congrats to the podium :thumbsup: (y):thumbsup: (y)

Holy crap that was an intense last 15 mins or so! :D Forgot that taking tyres is a faster strategy with the Camaro, as it wasn't with the previous seasons' car, the 370z. So I didn't take tyres at the stop and took me a while to realise what was going on when everyone around me was much faster than me after the stop while before the stop our pace was more even :D

But I figured it out and had to defend against @Henri Ahonen and @Sten Ambus who were on newer tyres. Henri slipped past me, but Sten I was somehow able to keep behind. Though I feel like he could've been more aggressive, but that's always risky. And the purpose of the Academy is to be a place for people to show how well they can race against others :)

Very fun race! Thanks everyone :)

Last edited:
When it rains... it pours.
Sry guys, I had just too much pride to ragequit. Maybe I deserve a penalty for being a potential hazard...

Q... grid position was fine, but time was meh.
R: Heroic (Alonso) level madness:
- wheel went crazy when I touched clutch pedal, but recovered after reset, so from 4th to 24th
Managed to have some good laps, passing slower drivers. Then...
- game started to stutter all the time since lap 6 or 7, not FPS related, something similar to AC "100% thingy", CPU...
- when someone left the server, had a black screen for 1-2sec, due to that, some unnecessary spins at crucial times.

Despite that, had a blast fighting to keep the car on track and finish the race.
Had a sad end to a great recovery drive, happens, I don't blame anyone.

Better luck next time...

not to bad of a race i felt i was a little off in terms of pace due to not having much practice due to not feeling to well, my setup didnt help of course it was the Nola set but with 1 or 2 changes so it really didnt suit this track. over all 6th im overall happy with

@Jeremy Talbot im not to sure what happened my spotter called clear so i turned in to the apex thinking you had backed off turns out you didnt :) but really im not to bothered i dont think either of us really lost that much time

In the season standings race results I'm 1st. This is not true. I'm sure that I finished 2nd, not 1st.

That was fun race, especially these last 15-20 minutes. I have never raced with that good position defender like @Tero Dahlberg .:)
Most times it takes only few corners to pass someone who drives 1s slower laps(he didn't change tires), but this time i can't pass in 15 minutes. I was trying my best, but yeah... at least it was fun. :D

I made two stupid mistakes. Spin in first corner and missed my pitstop box, both cost me a lot of time.

Gratz to podium guys and see you all at Road Atlanta.... maybe!;)

Yes, almost a week after the event I find time to write something about this race :D

Well, "thanks" to my job I don't have so much time to practice.. I've improved a bit my lap time on the day of practice and qualify, starting in a "nice" position (having done so few laps) on the grid.

After an interesting start I had to stop in the pit to "pay" my 60 seconds of stop/go penalty built up in the first race. When I went out I could drive with a good pace until I had a connection lost, that I really don't know why it happened.

After that, I was a lot behind, but I managed to lap some DNF car and some driver that probably had similar issues to those one I had.

Having the blue flag so often in a tight circuit like Estoril is not so easy, because I couldn't just remove the foot from the accelerator, I needed as well to find the right spot, and sometime it was hard.

I got caught in an accident occurred to @Villem Kraaner and I couldn't avoid to hit him while he was spinning in the middle of the track. In the replay I could see that he was touched exiting turn n. 6 and pushed to the wall on the left, very unlucky.

I had to go and repair something and probably he needed to do the same.

Anyway, beside these issues, I finished the race and this is important.

I hope to be on the grid tomorrow, cheers! ;)

Last edited:
Following the incident, V. Kraaner rejoins the track in an unsafe manner but fails to do so properly, proceeds to stay on the throttle to try and turn the car - Unsafe rejoin + failure to lock brakes + reckless and unpredictable driving - 60 second stop and hold AND a drive through
The penalty given only applies to the next race (R3 Road Atlanta)? And won't affect the S7 R1 if I skip the next race (tomorrow)?

If so, then I won't take part in R3.

I'm not quite sure if I understand that question correctly
If you don't take part tomorrow you obviously won't have to do the stop and hold or the drive through. Previous results stand and they will not be changed by any penalties