What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

• This is where you introduce yourself - please click here
    Read the first post please

Who else grew up here?

Matt Strand

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
With the stuff going around the interwebs about Jimmi taking up the Esport spot with studio 397 it got me to thinking. He's been doing this forever, which means we've been here a really long freakin time now too lol I know Satellite joined for season 3 way back in 2010. There's still 1 or 2 teams from back then around that I can remember (Champion and DHR). Others I know have essentially merged together (us and Deuces Motorsports for example) but got me to thinking how long has everybody been running here? I've been racing here for 32% of my life and that blew my mind a little bit. Just curious

Reactions: SJ
I've been here since the very first season back in 2008. Guess that makes me part of the old, manky furniture. :oops: Our first actual start was Daytona in S1. We tried to do Spa earlier in the season, but there were some issues in the early days with groups of people getting dropped when running big fields. Later that season we managed to win at Road Atlanta with one brake left by the end of the race. DHR was known as SimRaceOnline (SROL) back then. I know @Eric Schmieder did some races back in season 1 with the Digital Slipstream Dome. I'm pretty sure @JT Tami drove in season 1 as well. @Jimmi Allison was definitely around back then. I've heard his stories of cursing at me for Road Atlanta. :p

It's both scary and amazing to see how much things have changed and how the driving talent has increased. Whilst I haven't raced this season, every season has forced my own driving to improve, to the point where Le Mans last season was probably the best I've ever driven here. This season wouldn't be any different either, looking at the names around. Quite amazing really.

Hmmm, only been here since season 8, that's like milliseconds compared to the guys above. feels like an eternity though

drove some really bad cars during that time but all pink untill i drove the Simtech Corvette in VLMS and now their Aston in d3. drove the Magenta

GTE-am Viper (hilarously quicker than p2's in the rain) and the bloody Nissan as well. brough a whole new meaning to power understeer

hoping i'll be here for a long time still.

really enjoying my time here, hope i can be able to get more involved somehow (need a bad racing idea, i'm your man)

It's both scary and amazing to see how much things have changed and how the driving talent has increased. Whilst I haven't raced this season, every season has forced my own driving to improve, to the point where Le Mans last season was probably the best I've ever driven here. This season wouldn't be any different either, looking at the names around. Quite amazing really.
2nd that. Got to take things a lot more serious than we used too back in the day to be competitive. I think my funniest story from all of simracing came from season 4 here. I was running the cameras on the broadcast for Road Atlanta after having driven for a few hours. We had a couple laps lead in P2 with like 30 minutes left when our guys monitor blacked out. I was already in the server so I went to chase mode and we tried talking him back to the pits to do a driver change. Totally forgot I was broadcasting and the entire league watched it painfully unfold. whoops.. lol Can't get away with that sort of thing now.

Yep, I remember when this series (in its old, original form) was being set up with CMS and VOR using the ILMS mod. I didnt have any teammates, so I put myself in the drivers market with the stipulation of running the Aston Martin DBR9 with a specific livery in GT1. Steven Karlsson of US Pits Racing, agreed to it, and we entered the first round, 6 Hours of Sebring, having never spoken to each other before the race. We somehow finished 2nd in class. I think US Pits entered a 2nd car the following race, which is when I met Jimmi Allison and Juan Del Castillo. Stephen, I remember you losing brakes that race at Road Atlanta, I think we were chasing Oracle or Caranci (sp)

The sad part is that I never got to race with that livery I wanted, and Steven Karlsson still owes me!!! ;) :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Edit, this was either our mid season switch, or S2 entryNo+72+Front+WIP.jpg

Last edited: