What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

• This is where you introduce yourself - please click here
    Read the first post please

Wheel troubles

Larry Brooks

Reaction score
My shifter on wheel is starting to skip gears in game. particularly up-shifting.. I recall in RF1 you could modify the PLR file to increase a time gap requirement between shifts (or the like). Is there something like that in RF2, to help with my gear skipping?

I think, all in all, its time for a new wheel, but in the interim...

Thanks for your help

Good to see you back, Larry. If you're not already on a team ... we should talk, lol.

The line you are looking for is "Repeat Shifts =" in the player.plr file, about 20 lines from the top. You can set the delay there.

thanks Jerry. just getting into everything today. Working on purchasing the URD mod now and getting going. I dont have a team!!

Larry, we don't use URD just now, we will but not until next season.
We have just added the Corvette c6r for testing, so everyone here can try out how next season will be like. A few good news are coming, season 7 is gonna be a great season ;)

My shifter on wheel is starting to skip gears in game. particularly up-shifting.. I recall in RF1 you could modify the PLR file to increase a time gap requirement between shifts (or the like). Is there something like that in RF2, to help with my gear skipping?

I think, all in all, its time for a new wheel, but in the interim...

Thanks for your help

You can try:

Repeat Shifts="3" // 0 = no repeat shift detection, 1 = detect and eliminate accidental repeat shifts within 100ms, 2 = 150ms, 3 = 200ms, 4 = 250ms, 5 = prevent shifting again before previous shift is completed

What brand wheel? Maybe just needs a good cleaning. Probably some youtube videos showing how. Most name brand ones are pretty easy to take apart.....