What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

What to do when you are about to be lapped?

well yeah, you don't have to.
But if it's 4 corners and the guy who got the blue flag is still in front he gets a penalty.
That does not apply when the faster class laps the slower class, of course.

In my book it means getting the hell out of there. Whether thats done by giving the inside line into a corner to the car that wants to lap or whether that means getting off the racing line entirely doesn't matter.
But the car in front definitely has to alter it's line or speed in some way. Otherwise it's a penalty.

I'm fully aware that what Oliver wrote is not exactly what the rules say. The rules are very clear in my opinion and I would rather have someone stick to this simple idea of getting off the racing line than have someone think occupying it is fine.

It's a fair point to move out of the way as you only have 4 corners after which it's a penalty. Wasn't really thinking that.

The image I had in my mind was him getting "scared" and reacting somewhat unpredictably, suddenly lifting off throttle and moving across the track. Which might not be right at all. But when someone asks such a question that's the image that pops in my head :D