What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Tyre wear and race strategy

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I will try to do a test race by myself today but i'd like to know if you have issue with your tyre wear too. My tyres are gone very quickly and i'd like to know if it could be possible to have some tips to reduce it. At this point, i will have to do a lot of stops if i don't improve lol
And i'd like to know how many stops do you plan to do for the race ?

Thanks for your answers :)

I suppose you are talking about the Nissang GTR, i spent a lot of time by tweking the setup but at the end i understood that the key is to not overdrive the car and don't lock the tires, even a little lock can consume around 1% of tire.
Also qualifying is gonna be fun because only the 1st lap could be the faster, and you should do a very careful outlap.
We'll see a lot of different strategies!

PS: of course we'll have more rubber tonight, so less tires wear.

Last edited:
Is it just me or do the Tyre last for just 6-8 laps until getting useless? I always wanted to stop 5 times in a race :p

Looks like i'm not the only one lol

I suppose you are talking about the Nissang GTR

Indeed mate.

Thanks for the advice btw :)
But by the youtube video, i don't remember seeing people pitting that much. So i don't know what would be a reasonable number of pit stops for the race

From 1 to 3 pitstops i think, and depends by codes 80 and different driving styles, safe strategy could be 2 pitstops.