What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Track Limits

Oliver Silva

Reaction score
question about the rule:

9.1 Drivers must keep a minimum of 2 wheels on the race track at all times. Defined as race track is everything that is inside the solid white lines. Curbs and the white lines itself are NOT part of the race track. This will be checked by the game itself. Penalties will usually be applied automatically

what happens if the game doesnt detect a limit? will it be reviewed after the race? or do we stick to the game evaluation?

I have'nt made enough laps to check how the limits are working, but in rF2 I have seen different limits applying to different curves. depending on the size of the kerb/track/car So it makes me doubt the game itself can strictly detect all the limit violations.

if we were to penalize track limits ourselves we would say that BEFORE the race in the briefing.
The game is not at all able to detect every violation according to the rule. But the game is able to make a predictable, practicable and consistent decision about track limits.
It's the same for everyone

Got a warning because of track limits. still 2 tyers on track, and of course not gaining any advantage. Indianapolis exit of turn 3
20180705001256_1.jpg