What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Time of Start the race

Zdenek Smarda

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
Hi,
i have only one question. most drivers from VEC is from europe. Can be start racing early than 17:00? six hours race is good, but if we have 8 hours race, we finished 1:00 if 12 hours, we finnish crazy 5:00am! I dont know how others, but we tired before finish 8-12 hours race. I think 14:00 15:00 start of the race is better...

Thanks for thinking.

Blane Heerey

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
A lot of us can't do early afternoons because some people work on Saturdays to, and we can get early shifts.

Tomas Beha

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
Some people also have families to attend, so earlier starts will make it even more difficult for them, and then some (Allison) often got noght shifts, so a tight schedule already.

Zdenek Smarda

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
Some people also have families to attend, so earlier starts will make it even more difficult for them, and then some (Allison) often got noght shifts, so a tight schedule already.

yes, i too, and i have (example now) 2 years baby and still wake up 6am :-D so, i very tired at 17:00 :-D and race to 5:00 is crazy :-D and this is race series one time per month.

Tomas Beha

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
You missed the point, Allison is our admin and race manager of div1, we kinda depend on him to be around. And this discussion is not new, it has been brought up every year - this is the best solution within this organisation.

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
17:00 at start time is for one more race this season, then it is 15:00 for the long 24 hour race. Who knows what we´ll do if a 12th season happens.

Shawn Jacobs

VLMC director
VEC Season Pass
VLMC season pass
Reaction score
When I go to bed at 5am after a 12 hour race, it's earlier than when I have a free Saturday.
I think 1700 is a good compromise for US and EU timezones. (sorry Shawn)
no complaints from me, wouldn't have it any other way

Henning Wollert

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
Whatsoever,
it's all sentimental value,
but I can tell you, having done 6 stints on two sets of tyres for the last 3hours and 15 minutes have been a task at that time of the day.

Tonga Guardia

Reaction score
When I go to bed at 5am after a 12 hour race, it's earlier than when I have a free Saturday.
Damn... i really forgot how was to be a young guy and go out for parties and back to my house drunk and realy late....

yes, i too, and i have (example now) 2 years baby and still wake up 6am :-D so, i very tired at 17:00 :-D and race to 5:00 is crazy :-D and this is race series one time per month.
but i dont have babies yet, so im just in the middle of mi stint, on a free day i can sleep until midday skipping breakfast and the morning shine....

so, no BOP needed for miself at the moment :thumbsup: (y)

Tonga Guardia

Reaction score
now talking serious, for southamerican simracers, the actual starting time is really good...
we start the races just after midday at 13hs (1pm) in Argentina, Brasil, Uruguay, Chile and a little earlier in north countries like Peru Colombia and Venezuela...
some of my teammates also work on saturday but they get back to house maybe 1 or 2 hours after race start...
so, one thing good for the forgotten southamerican guys :love: