What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Thoughts from admin team

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
Season 7 has been a rather bumpy ride, a lot of new teams have entered and clearly there has been a trend of not understanding the rules / following simple principles of a comunity.

A few notes of the past 14 days.
VEC will not, under no circumstances be assosiated with other leagues - we do not wish to be some kinda advertisements for other leagues. This has let to a few misunderstandings from "OnWheeltv"
This should not come as a surprise, its been like this forever - if you want to advertise for a league - please use ISI forums - plenty of users there who can join, just like VEC dont go to other leagues to advertise.
This has let to a driver not wanting to race here anymore - hmm ok.

Users not following a simple rule, such as 11.4 will be warned - if the warning is not suficient - that user/team will be expelled from VEC.
Which lead us to make everyone aware that chatting and talking on our forums/servers etc should now be in english - if you do not know english, im not sure you would understand all of our rules.
This let to me being called racist last night - honestly... i have no real comeback on that... i will just let you guys think what you want. I asked for any other language than english to be stopped. Including my own native tounge - does that makes me a racist of my own country.. i really dont think so.

We had an incident earlier this week where a remark was pretty harsch on the race server towards a driver - i will not tolerate that kinda behaviour - if you think thats not fair, then by all means - race somewhere else. I want a clean league, not some random online server where chaos sets the agenda.

If you do not agree with our rules (or at least want to race under them) im not sure what you are doing here.
If you feel passionate about this - then please apply as a steward - this is where the rules are made and changed, not because of a single driver - or even a single team do not agree with a certain rule.

Stewards in the past have made several adjustments to rules because constructive critism was made - for example "Code-80" explained very good from Stephen Bailey and executed within a month from the stewards.

Qualifying procedure - again explained very well by Kalle Kouri (and team) which was again discussed and changed.

Admin and stewards are here to give people the best experience - if that means we will have to kick a few drivers or teams because they cant adhere to rules or to behave like a normal grown up human beings - so be it.

Listen - if you cant bear to loose out sometimes - i guess this is not the place for you, I honestly don´t care about how many teams are here - as long as its the right teams.
The teams who want to race in a competitive league - and the teams with a comon sense in what is fair and what is not.
What is fair - well was it fair to restart the Sebring session, even when there werent 20% of the teams having issues - i dont know. I did so, because i wanted to get as many teams aboard as possible.
As JT asked, what would be the limit - 15 minutes, 30 minutes - would that be fair to the drivers/team not having issues.

A few guide lines in swapping has been posted over and over again. Did you make sure to put the car in neutrual. Did you remove any other setups than the one you are using, did you use any plugins etc etc. Follow these and im pretty sure you will have less issues. Is VEC responsible for this - no i find that pretty hard to make sure everyone understands everything about the game, API´s, plugins etc.

VEC will follow the rules, including restarting the race etc etc.