What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

The possibility of starting an Asian & Oceanian timezone race

Peng Yan

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I’m a sim racer from China. I’ve followed with VEC for years and want to go into the league, but there is some trouble bothering me.

1. The race time of VEC usually is based on European timezone. If I plan to race in VEC, I must run in the midnight, which is hard for me to insist for a long time.
  2. Network problem. There is a quite big network lagging between China and VEC server. And the rules of VEC restrict that the ping of a racer should be under 150ms, which keep me from joining the race again even I’ve tried some proxy tool.

Therefore, I want to know is there any possibility to start a league based on Asian timezone. Not only China but also can include many other sim racers from Asian & Oceanian countries. It will be wonderful if the proposal comes true.

Tomas Beha

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
I'm sure there are others who'd like that.too, so pick up the gauntlet and start that league :thumbsup: (y)

Shawn Jacobs

VLMC director
VEC Season Pass
Team Premium
VLMC season pass
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I’m a sim racer from China. I’ve followed with VEC for years and want to go into the league, but there is some trouble bothering me.

1. The race time of VEC usually is based on European timezone. If I plan to race in VEC, I must run in the midnight, which is hard for me to insist for a long time.
  2. Network problem. There is a quite big network lagging between China and VEC server. And the rules of VEC restrict that the ping of a racer should be under 150ms, which keep me from joining the race again even I’ve tried some proxy tool.
Therefore, I want to know is there any possibility to start a league based on Asian timezone. Not only China but also can include many other sim racers from Asian & Oceanian countries. It will be wonderful if the proposal comes true.
Hi Peng Yan

Okay so the 150 ping is a bit more specific to people in the EU, if they're seeing 150 ping then there is some other problem in most cases. For us from the other side of the world there is a little bit of leeway, key thing is stability, I'm from Australia and have been here a few years now and my ping has thankfully never been a major issue.

On the other point, just a quick suggestion, have you considered joining a team with multiple nationalities? In SpeedyMite we have drivers from all over the world and it works out quite well to have a lot of time zones covered, as a lot of the races are longer then 6 hours, you should be all good the jump up early in the morning and driver at a more reasonable hour :thumbsup: (y)

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score

We have people racing from Australia which is actually further away than China - so if the ping is similar i dont see the problem. Timewise i understand. I think there are some asian leagues out there with endurance, but i dont know 100% and i wont recommend any since i dont know their workflow.

But at SRC we are not starting an asian based series, my day rythm is f´ed up enough as it is :p
Edit: haha Shawn beat me to it.

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
But what you should really look for is the 12h of Sebring at S397, that starts at 11 cet - thats like 18 your time, so that might be something that can work :)

Peng Yan

Reaction score

There is my ping,can I join?I known the 12h of Sebring at S397,but it only has one division,I can't be qualified for the race

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
View attachment 6161

There is my ping,can I join?I known the 12h of Sebring at S397,but it only has one division,I can't be qualified for the race
Yeah that is not the actual ping from you to the actual server, this is also through matchmaker which is not the exact one.
Yes it has only one division, but it was worth the shot if you wanted to do endurance.

Tonga Guardia

Reaction score
Hi Peng, im from Argentina, im too far away from europe too and ping never was a problem...
you have to try it and see if the other cars on track dont dissapear or show unrealistic behauvior like going through guradrails or fences and coming back to track...
So ping will not be a problem, unless you got a very bad ISP....

For the timezone, is on your own, having in mind the races are on saturday, maybe you can do an effort and race until late night for the first hours or like Shawn said you can early wake up and drive the lasts hours of the races....
the day after the races are sunday, which for the most of the people is a relaxing free day...

im sure some teams will need extra drivers for the upcoming long races 12hs of Sebring, 8hs of Silverstonte and 24hs of Le Mans...