What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Struggling to Find Time

Conlan Blamey

Reaction score
As the title says i am struggling to find time on track ive pretty much found all the time that i can see and when i compare lap times to faster drivers they are around 1.5 secs faster yet my driving line is fairly similar. Im not sure if its has anything to do with my setup but i have no idea where the time is going its pretty bazaar to me as im generally quite good at finding time. any help would be great as its driving me insane that i just cant see it.

scratch that im starting to find time thankfully i thought i was gonna go insane I guess I just hit a plateau

I'm just struggling full stop haha!

Not overly worried as this is my first venture into r factor leagues.

The top half will do for now ;)

I'm just struggling full stop haha!

Not overly worried as this is my first venture into r factor leagues.

The top half will do for now ;)

This is the first time i can say ive really even played rfactor 2 seriously ive just never had a real reason to race on it until now but besides that im just to much of a perfectionist i will drive for ages just to find time because as ridiculous as it sound i wont if its in my power let some one be more than 1.5 seconds faster than me :D

Does anyone share setups for the academy, or is it a case of everyone finding their own setup?
Could use some help here personally, it's not my strong point!

Does anyone share setups for the academy, or is it a case of everyone finding their own setup?
Could use some help here personally, it's not my strong point!

if you want i can give you mine but i really wouldnt say mine is done yet im constantly changing it due to different needs and trying to find a good balance but i will say its a very consistent setup

Does anyone have any ideas (that they are willing to share :whistle: :whitles: :whistling:) about how to keep the temps down in the front tires? Or is the heat problem inherent for this car?

Too much understeer? Or are you locking fronts under braking?

It's possible to make the car neutral.

Too much understeer? Or are you locking fronts under braking?

It's possible to make the car neutral.
Thanks for the reply Tero but I've had a good look through google and I seem to have fixed my setup so the temps stay down. I'm also having to get used to the rf2 style of driving with ISI cars where you really have to look after your tires. What I have driven in rf2 is the apex gt's and enduracers prototypes where it seems a lot more forgiving.