What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

• This is where you introduce yourself - please click here
    Read the first post please

Steering wheel suggestion

Manuel Marsili

Reaction score
I actually own a Logitech Driving Force GT. But because of these new-generation simracing games like rFactor 2 and Assetto Corsa, where there are a lot of FFB information, I feel like it's not good enough anymore. Also, especially for Assetto Corsa, had to tweak general FFB and also (a lot) the side-effects like Curbs effect (this AC-only), otherwise I was about to break it, lot of bangs and noises in the steering case.

I was thinking to buy Thrustmaster T300 GTE, 275€ on Amazon.it, but I'd like to ask you if you suggest me other combos. I know, for example, that exists an "Alcantara" edition for it, usually at 470€ but momentanely at 405€. It comes not only with the aesthetic variation of the alcantara wheel, but also with the T3PA add-on instead of the DFGT-like pedals the base T300 got.
Also, you think it is worth the purchase over my actual DFGT, and how much my experience should improve with the change?

Many tnx.

Any modern wheel would be a noticeable upgrade form the DFGT. In the mid level steering wheel market, there is the Logitech G brand and the Thrustmaster ones. The logitechs are a little bit more rough, will make rattling noises (mine is 7 yo, noisy all the times, still going strong after some electronical and mechanical repairs), but will have less loss of detail, as it is gear driven (reason why it makes more noise) The T wheels (T300, T500, TX) have a slighly more powerful FFB motor, and are belt driven, more smooth, but less rough detail than the GXX. Also, they run more quiet.

Regarding the pedals you get, the T3PA are a good set, I don't know if it has progressive springs, and if they don't, I'm sure there is a mod like the GTEYE springs for the G27, so as long as you have three pedals on it, you are covered.

Hope this helps.