What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

• This is where you introduce yourself - please click here
    Read the first post please

Steam doesn't download games and game updates

Manuel Marsili

Reaction score
So, I've encountered first time this problem around one week or more ago, with also giving me a message error "manifest could not found". I searched the web for solution and found to change download location, tried a couple and then everything worked again with 3rd attempt, with US-Los Angeles (I'm from Italy).

Today, I've encountered this problem again. It was downloading rF2 workshop update, went through mid-way of the download and then reduced the download speed to 10KB/s. I aborted the download and tried again the change server download location, but after 10-15 attempts still nothing.
Other things I've tested:
- Clear download cache;
- Change download limit from "No Limit" to "1000KB/s";
- Uncheck "Reduce download speed when other devices stream";
- Uninstall and reinstall Steam;
- Unplug modem/router from AC, turn off everything wifi-related and after half an hour reboot modem/router + PC;
- Disable Firewall;
- Create exclusion for antivirus.

Things left me to try:
- Formatting the whole PC and reinstall everything clean, from SO and so on;
- Check ports (don't know how to read those numbers, but looks like they are open, as far I can understand);
- Check VPN issues (don't know how to do).

Note that everything else regarding connection, from websites, to Blizzard update and gaming, etc are running ok, with the usual maximum 1.2 MB/s download speed I got with my actual connection.
My worry is that soon I will change PC, if this happens also on the new one, I wouldn't be able to download and play Steam games. I'm also about to change from Cable to Fibre, networking-side.

I see some dead spaces in the download on steam. But I would try and disable antivirus - as in disable it entirely to see what happens. Otherwise I would contact steam support.
Ports should mean nothing unless you are on a special NAT network, but I don’t even then think it would mean a thing

I see some dead spaces in the download on steam. But I would try and disable antivirus - as in disable it entirely to see what happens. Otherwise I would contact steam support.
Ports should mean nothing unless you are on a special NAT network, but I don’t even then think it would mean a thing
Thanks, I'll take this for the next time it will happen.
Anyway, it fixed by itself, it was an outtage of an italian ISP, with which I have contract, which forcefully closed the some ports at national level.