What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing.
Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

[Solved] Problem with rfmod file on joining

Tobias Roehner

VEC Division 1
VEC Season Pass
Hey guys,

I've done a fresh install of RF2 today and since then I have not been able to join the VLMS server. I could join the Indy500 server just fine earlier. Apparently, it's some kind of error with the VLMS_R5.rfmod file. It shows as installed on version 17.0309, but whenever I try to log onto the server, it starts installing and then gives me this message "Mod could not be isntalled. Error trying to install mod. Try manual installation."

I've subbed and unsubbed to the workshop, deleted manually and resubscribed. Nothing seems to help.

Anyone got a clue?

Tobias Roehner

VEC Division 1
VEC Season Pass
Update:
Ok, so I fixed it.

I exited steam, unsubscribed from the item via the browser, openened steam, subscribed to the item again via the browser. That seems to have done the trick :)

I won't open a new thread, so I use this one for writing about a similiar problem.
Since 1,5 hours I'm trying to join the race server, but all the time I got the message "package not available". Same situation when I want to join the test server.
I subscribed the workshop and I' using build 1108.
Have anyone a solution for me?

Enzo Fazzi

VEC Division 1
VLMS
SRC Season pass
I won't open a new thread, so I use this one for writing about a similiar problem.
Since 1,5 hours I'm trying to join the race server, but all the time I got the message "package not available". Same situation when I want to join the test server.
I subscribed the workshop and I' using build 1108.
Have anyone a solution for me?
Unsub and then resubscribe to the workshop. That usually does the trick.

Joona Karimaa

VEC Division 1
VEC Season Pass
Also you can delete the content from packages and installed folder + from the package installer in the rf2 launcher. Then do a fresh subscribe workshop.