What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing.
Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

[Solved?]Multiplayer problem

Mark Fuller

VEC Division 2
VEC Season Pass
I have posted this on the S397 forum as well.

Tried to join a server yesterday [no password needed] and it stuck at attempting direct connection. Thought it was the server, but still doing it today. So, tried a server with a password [VEC Server 2] and got a 'password invalid' message, even though I am using the correct password. I tried a different server with the same result. Anyone able to advise? TIA

EDIT - after searching the interweb thingy, I looked at my Firewall program. After uninstalling [nothing else worked] and re-installing, can get back online now.

Last edited:

Nick Newcombe

VEC Division 3
Broadcast team
SRC Season pass
Happened to me Sunday, had to do same thing.

Cristian Bellini

VEC Division 4
VEC Season Pass
I'm using Oculus, during multiplayer the game shows the track loading screen for one second whenever a new player joins the server, during the official past races (so I do not know if at that moment someone had entered, perhaps for the driver change) the game is completely freezes showing the same screen loading the track forcing me to make a rejoin.

I formatted my pc, I reinstalled the game by installing only the things necessary to compete. I thought I had solved the problem. This evening unfortunately it happened again while I was testing for tomorrow's race (there were 32 cars on the server)

Any help is much appreciated

My pc config:
i7 3770
8 Gb Ram DDR3 1600 Mhz
Gigabyte GTX1070
Nvidia Driver 388.59 (old but they should still be the best drivers for oculus)
the game is installed on primary SSD with 300 Gb of free space

P.S. sorry for my bad English

Attachments

Enzo Fazzi

VEC Division 1
VLMS
SRC Season pass
I'm using Oculus, during multiplayer the game shows the track loading screen for one second whenever a new player joins the server, during the official past races (so I do not know if at that moment someone had entered, perhaps for the driver change) the game is completely freezes showing the same screen loading the track forcing me to make a rejoin.

I formatted my pc, I reinstalled the game by installing only the things necessary to compete. I thought I had solved the problem. This evening unfortunately it happened again while I was testing for tomorrow's race (there were 32 cars on the server)

Any help is much appreciated

My pc config:
i7 3770
8 Gb Ram DDR3 1600 Mhz
Gigabyte GTX1070
Nvidia Driver 388.59 (old but they should still be the best drivers for oculus)
the game is installed on primary SSD with 300 Gb of free space

P.S. sorry for my bad English
This might be due to the fact that your CPU is the bare minimum for VR. Add the fact that rF2 is also CPU heavy and you'll see that your CPU must be struggling a lot.

Cristian Bellini

VEC Division 4
VEC Season Pass
Thanks a lot for the answer. I monitored the percentage of CPU usage and it is far from 100%, except for a few spikes.
But I add more information. At the exact moment of the crash, the Windows system log records an alert: "The video driver nvlddmkm has stopped responding and has been successfully restored".

Enzo Fazzi

VEC Division 1
VLMS
SRC Season pass
Thanks a lot for the answer. I monitored the percentage of CPU usage and it is far from 100%, except for a few spikes.
But I add more information. At the exact moment of the crash, the Windows system log records an alert: "The video driver nvlddmkm has stopped responding and has been successfully restored".
Try updating the driver then. If it doesn't work, you can always revert to the one you're using now.

Mark Fuller

VEC Division 2
VEC Season Pass
The "nvlddmkm has stopped working" problem has been around for some time and is nothing to do with Rf2 or Oculus. I would suggest that you start researching that error as per Fix: Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered - Driver Easy

That is for W10, just look for your version of windows. I run Oculus with an i5 4690K, 16 GB of RAM and a Strix GTX 980 Ti. I have reverted back to the 388 version of the video driver as it is reported as the most stable for Oculus, BUT also ensure your Windows power plan is set to Balanced [High Performance causes issues with the USB Sensor]. Good luck

Cristian Bellini

VEC Division 4
VEC Season Pass
Thank you all for your help. I tried to follow the guide indicated by "Mark Fuller". I tried to update the drivers to the latest version available. Unfortunately there was nothing to do. In the Saturday race I had a freeze again during the race. It cost me 120 seconds of car repair and a comeback race.

Now I bought a new PC :confused:, hopefully I can finally solve the problem.