What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

• This is where you introduce yourself - please click here
    Read the first post please

Skinning help.

Adam Taylor

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
Hello I have made my skin using gimp and finished nearly all the details, however gimp wont let me save it as a dds so I have to copy it to another program to save as a dds meaning the car ends up shiny. Can some one with copy my skin into Photoshop and set the alpha layer so it isn't so shinny.
Here is the gimp file. https://www.dropbox.com/s/tskrous2gvhds92/FERRUCCIO_001alt.xcf?dl=0

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Hello I have made my skin using gimp and finished nearly all the details, however gimp wont let me save it as a dds so I have to copy it to another program to save as a dds meaning the car ends up shiny. Can some one with copy my skin into Photoshop and set the alpha layer so it isn't so shinny.
Here is the gimp file. https://www.dropbox.com/s/tskrous2gvhds92/FERRUCCIO_001alt.xcf?dl=0

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.
If gimp would save it so i could open it in photoshop... i cant open this file with what i have installed.

In game
EDIT: As you can see the car looks great, and not shinny. Maybe the numberplate is a little darker than usual. Have you changed the brightness of the alpha layer?

Attachments

• test2.jpg
    test2.jpg
    431.5 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Can you send me the dds of my skin because it wont let me save it as a dds from gimp. That may be where I was having my problems.

Sorry if i'm being a pain but what do you name the rear wing?
Thank you.

PRO_113RETwing.dds for example, for the #113 Ferrari.
I will get the psd saved as dds, no worries.

I tried the plugin but to no avail, and we have decided to update our skin.

Hey guys, can I ask something too ?

I can't make the rear wing appear as a rear wing in the tunning menu, it appear as a skin.
I guess it's a name problem but I can't fix it right now...

Thanks for helping.

I tried the plugin but to no avail, and we have decided to update our skin.
Update a skin before its even used, ahh well - if you supply a 100% flawless skin, i wont mind - but we did infact change the original skin because the use of total black color (not fitted for the game) among other things.

Hey guys, can I ask something too ?
I can't make the rear wing appear as a rear wing in the tunning menu, it appear as a skin.
I guess it's a name problem but I can't fix it right now...
Thanks for helping.
Talk about hijacking a thread ;-)
NAMEEXTRA1.dds on the LMP2´s