What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

• This is where you introduce yourself - please click here
    Read the first post please

Skin preview-help needed

Oliver Zierach

Reaction score
I need some help for previewing a skin. The "normal" skin can i see in preview, but how can i preview the additionla EXTRA files, for wings for example?

It's allways a good idea to tell HOW you solved a problem, makes good help for others who might have same issue ;)

Here is the process:

Create a new team
In the settings folder, and car folder there will be an *.rcd file. Open it and edit like so:

//[[gMa1.002f (c)2014 ]] [[ ]]
VEC_LOLA-P2
{
kcobb
{
Team = ACR
Component = VEC_P2_Lola
Skin = alt_013ACR.dds
Driver = alt_013ACRDRIVER.dds
Extra3 = alt_013ACREXTRA3.dds
Extra4 = alt_013ACREXTRA4.dds
VehFile = alt_916VEC.VEH
}
}

From what I understand, "alt" has to be in the file. "kcobb" is my driver name. "ACR" is the team name.

Save the file.
In rF2, choose "driver name's" virtual ride. You should see all of the components on your car.

Sorry tomas, but it was a bit curios. I tried in the tuning/Dir section to see the wing-Extra files but couldn't see them. than i tried the car on track and it was ok.
So i think its just name the car skin for example alt4 and the additional extra files alt4Extra3or4.

Hi guys, i hope that someone can help us.
We are fiinishing the skin, but we can not test the full skin at the Lola LMP2, because this car skin has 3 psd files.
I have read your answers in this topic, but i can not, or i don´t know how to create a new team like Kristopher says.
If someone can help us, we are very noobs with the skin desing in rfactor2.

Thanks.

Thanks for your help Jimmi. I have seen your video, very useful, and this is not exactly our problem (sorry for mi english).

We have to paint the Lola 3 Psd files, one is for the most area of the car, the file called Extra3 is for some aerodynamics parts, and Extra4 for the Rear wing.
We don´t know how we must do to join these 3 psd files into 1 dds file, only to view if we go in correct way. We know how to save it into DDS into photoshop, but not know how to see in rfactor2 because are 3 files.
We only need to see if the content of the extra 3 and 4 files are correct, to send to you the skin.

You cant join them in one file.
Call them whatevertheskiniscalledEXTRA3.dds
whatevertheskiniscalledEXTRA4.dds

If you cant get it to work, submit them and i will see how it looks and i can send you a screengrab. However i wont be able to sit at the PC until 20 CET, at work now.

Thank you guys, problem solved, so the next....and hope the last question.

Can I remove the layer "Base Carbon" in extra3.psd and extra4.psd files?

You can but it will still show on the car. I think it is just part of it. If you look at our skin on the grills on the wheel covers you will see that the carbon is still there just painted over.