What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

• This is where you introduce yourself - please click here
    Read the first post please

Simhub Dashboards now work in VR!!!

Shawn Jacobs

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
Hi All

So with the introduction of Oculus beta 2.0 you can now pin windows into VR.

This to me is a massive step and exactly what RF2 vr needed.

I've put together a quick video demoing setting it up, it's pretty late at night here so production value is pretty shite
clear.png
but you get the idea.

Enjoy!!!

rough screenshot from editor

upload_2018-1-9_23-44-10-png.229875

Dropbox - VR Overlay.zip

Any1 like me? will never ever make himself suffer for all this hassle?

I neeeed this, but I prefer 2 wait for S397 UI.

Still, big thanks to the OP and the guys behind Simhub for their efforts.

Hi,
I've tried that, but in game does not show the HUB and I can't move it, or decrease size with my Lenovo. Do I need OVRdrop from Steam for that? Or it is exclusive for a few VR sets?

As a matter of fact, even the overlays on SimHub do not appear in VR. Suming up, it seems that I can't overlap the HUB over the game. I've managed to get some VR HUBs in Steam, but they appear too big and too low in game, like over the steering wheel and outside the cockpit. Can anyone walk me thru these subject? I'm new at VR, but delta time, gas, lap time, etc... We get used to it and racing without that is a no go for me!

Any suggestions?

Hi,
I've tried that, but in game does not show the HUB and I can't move it, or decrease size with my Lenovo. Do I need OVRdrop from Steam for that? Or it is exclusive for a few VR sets?

As a matter of fact, even the overlays on SimHub do not appear in VR. Suming up, it seems that I can't overlap the HUB over the game. I've managed to get some VR HUBs in Steam, but they appear too big and too low in game, like over the steering wheel and outside the cockpit. Can anyone walk me thru these subject? I'm new at VR, but delta time, gas, lap time, etc... We get used to it and racing without that is a no go for me!

Any suggestions?
No idea mate, this was done on oculus through oculus home which has the feature to pin Windows.

OVRDrop is what I've used in other VR games for overlaps since switching to the Reverb.

Not to hijack the thread, but I've had some challenges in getting VR to be smooth in rF2 since coming back. I'd like to narrow down if my issue is hardware related (and therefore a good reason to propose an upgrade to my wife...of the rig, not her) or simply a matter of tweaking settings to improve the experience.

Simon or anyone, is there a thread here or at the 397 forums where there is some guidance as to how to get rF2 running better in VR?