What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

• This is where you introduce yourself - please click here
    Read the first post please

Sim Racing Force Feedback Review

Great review!

On the "rf2 looks like crap" -subject I'd recommend you to look at this in your Player.JSON:

"Texture Sharpening":5,
"Texture Sharpening#":"Sharpen textures using MIP LOD bias - 0=Off, 1=+2.0(very blurry), 2=+1.0(blurry), 3=-1.0(sharp), 4=-2.0(very sharp), 5=0.0(auto)",

And possibly trying to force a sharper setting (3 or 4), it looks like your graphics is choosing a really low quality MIP-level of the textures - causing the blurry lines amongst other things.

rf2 with proper settings CAN look brilliant, also remember to always use HDR as the graphics engine is designed to do so, HDR-off is simply a work around option for clients with puny PCs and it will eventually be removed.

Thanks Tomas,

These are my current settings:

0596eca6b0b24bf2be51a4a765f69510.png

Which looks great, but the option I pointed out is only available through editing the Player.JSON manually - it's for forcing the driver/game to handle the graphics as you wan't it to.

The file is located inside your /rFactor2/UserData/player/ -folder. Just open it with notepad or similar to edit.

Also I recommend using windowed mode to prevent getting stuck on desktop if using ALT+TAB or conflicting softwares (Adobe Photoshop is bad while having ALT+TAB'ed to desktop!)

Yeah found that out today. Also in Q with a lot of cars I kept getting huge FPS drop around the track. So something needs optimising.