What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

• This is where you introduce yourself - please click here
    Read the first post please

SHQM HUD

Don Baumbach

VEC Season Pass
Reaction score
With DX11, we lose many of the great plugin solutions. (Martin's V-HUD, Cosimo's DeltaBest, trackmap
clear.png
:(). Luckily, with release of v1109, S397 added some new functions to the in-game HUD.
SHQM HUD incorporates many of these new HUD parameters, including DeltaBest, tyre wear, and weather.
Not a plugin! Once you subscribe on steam, just go to options menu and select from the 'onscreen display' options.

Steam Workshop :: SHQM_HUD

Certainly not a replacement for the versatility of some of the plugins, but maybe something that helps fill the gap until new solutions evolve. Enjoy...

Known issues: Parts of this HUD will obscure the virtual mirrors on 16:10 and 4:3 aspect ratio. Although it was designed to use with virtual mirrors, but only if 16:9 or wider. Sorry... Fix is possible if you enable "Stretch UI" found in the Video Res option screen.

Thanks to Studio 397 for continuing to evolve rF2.

1514590020886.png
1514589975202.png

Last edited:
@Nico Barclay VERY GOOD QUESTION. I'll start by saying I am only using the DeltaBest function that was recently added to the game, and it's not the DeltaBest functionality that Cosimo's plugin offered ... i don't recall seeing anything official on how its supposed to work, so its possible they are still refining it ???

Anyway, from my observations:
- a "best lap time" is not being recorded/saved to a file
- DeltaBest resets only when you exit game
- when you enter game, it will record your best lap time (regardless of car or track) and stores that as a reference.
- you can end your session, and start again (without exiting game) and the stored reference will still be there.
- you can end your session, and chose a different car and track (without exiting game), and the stored reference will still be there. (this can be confusing, so its something people will need to be mindful of)

Its different than what we were used to... but maybe there's still work being done

Thanks for the options Don, spec A is a winner for me. I think all of the SHQM drivers using variation of this Hud right now ;)

Thanks for the options Don, spec A is a winner for me. I think all of the SHQM drivers using variation of this Hud right now ;)
im not so sure.. :oops::oops: i downloaded it but havent enabled it yet :whistle: :whitles: :whistling: Still need to test it in VR :)

im not so sure.. :oops::oops: i downloaded it but havent enabled it yet :whistle: :whitles: :whistling: Still need to test it in VR :)
B works good in VR. Haven´t yet tested any other. Blue flags is easy to see now. Is there some hotkey you need to activate for delta time? I don´t want it so if I enable it I want it to be easy to disable :)

Curious what the time glass do? also is it possible to on the right side see what cars is directly ahead of you or behind regardless of class and position?

Hello Per
No way to specifically disable delta best. 'C' was created with only text deltabest, no gauge...
the hourglass is just countdown for time remaining. since we are moving away from plugin (temporary?), i started out creating something the team could use for VEC, and thought time remaining was important to show.

was limited to the functions currently provided in HUD editor, and no relative time avaiable. So the ahead/behind info on the SHQM hud is regardless of class. :( its temporary... as I am optimistic that there will be some positive improvements for future in-game HUD
What are the priorities for Rfactor2 Dx11 HUD update?

Type C is the winner for me! Thank you for putting in all the work.

I'm using this in conjunction with simhub on an additional screen for track map etc. Definitely on a winning combination now.

Today delta best worked but now the rear view mirror was placed below the hud and there was another black box where it used to be. I can´t recall having change anything more then possibly antialiasing settings?

Im using this to practice now, it is very good, I'm runing the SPEC A, im running this on the DX11 open beta version of R Factor2 from steam, i noticed that the lap Delta, and the fuel meter and weather don't work. Any tips to fix this??

yes its possible... i've been working on some cosmetic fixes for release soon and could add a layout without deltabest. Per, which layout are you using?

I wanted to thank you for your work: I'm using version C and it really fits my needs. I briefly tried the official one from the latest build and quickly went back to yours as I find the informations really nicely organized. At least they suit to my logic! :thumbsup: (y)