What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Season 8 - bigger than expected

Jimmi Allison

Administrator
Reaction score
We knew we had the right formula, looking at the past we've just grown bigger by the year.
This comes down to the drivers and teams on track and a well working steward committee. I doubt there's a league out there that has the level of "our" drivers.

However one of the things that is important to me is having the right teams - and also giving all these teams a chance to run.
Now rFactor2 has its limits when it comes to long races, swaps and a lot of teams. Which is why we have capped the entries to 40 each race,
However with the current line up - stewards and I have been working on a solution.
In the end, all teams must qualify, then top 10 (except p1) will get into the topsplit/room 1 and then 11th to 20th in class will get into bottom split/room 2. (This is still being worked on - there is a few ideas).
Obviously both splits are scoring points towards the championship. But only the topsplit will have broadcast (unless we buy another BC server) and only this will I be able to follow as race director - but don't get me wrong, I'm not a steward and will not review incidents online. Nor will the room 2 be neglected - people will still have to behave.

So what does this mean for you as a team - nothing really, you get to race and be in the fight for the championship even though you missed out the main race.
Out of the 89 entries I am aware that some of these won't stand the distance, but I've already had several enquires from new teams. Which is why the "inactive rule" has been updated.

So what does this mean for VEC.
First of all, more work for stewards - do you want to join - please apply for a steward position. You can do so by clicking the steward link in the drivers tab.
Second of all, we will have to rent a secondary server - as one server can't host 2x endurance races with 40 teams on. This will mean that the expense on dedicated server will be twice the amount this season.
Add that to webhost, file host and something that is in the work (TBA) it does cost a lot of money to run this.

I will arrange something on the team speak server, no issues at all - but room 2 wouldn't care about a code 80 in the main race. I will figure something out.

We would rather not start to charge people to race, so if you haven't donated and is in a position to do so - youre so very welcome.
VEC is not in a financial crises at all, but we'd like to make sure we don't get there.

I will get all the details ready, including points, rule update etc. but please give us a week or so to finalize the details.

A big thank you to our sponsors and to ISI for the unlimited amount of support and for us being able to give them feedback on what would work in the game and on the server side.