What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

season 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel Escudero

Reaction score
- when i can join?

- which car is it used i the academy series?

I am EAGEr, anxious to join!!!

Have a ice day you ALL.

PD: i want to train with the chosen car cuz i am new in this wonderful sim and in this ool site and wanna be something competitive :p. cheers!

ohhh yeahh! i will be there!

sweet car for a rookie!

see yaa! the website is also so cool in the mobile version! congrats!

nice appointment, BUUUUT i have been monitoring it and it is on 30th of august! :p, dont i am correct? :p . but yeah please all info is wellcome always! nice day!!.

Bummer.
And I was so excited about getting to drive the beastly Camaro.
Never mind, a racing driver (!) can drive anything so it makes no difference;)
Hope you give my account a life extension though because i will be skipping this sign-up, I cannot give this one a proper go yet with unfinished business elsewhere and would rather let someone more dedicated take my place this time out:oops:

not so expensive 15 bucks for 4 gte cars compared against other games :p. but i understand people hate paying and paying again...and there are free mods incredible of gte

Wow... I thought that the GT-pack is seen universally as core of the new S397 rFactor2, not just "paid content" or "DLC".

Wow... I thought that the GT-pack is seen universally as core of the new S397 rFactor2, not just "paid content" or "DLC".
It should be free, i agree, but if u look the rival sims this is so cheap, when i bought this dlc i said to myself "but if i can spend this money in a bad meal with friends or gf or in few things in the supermarket, why not to spend it in hours of joy :p" and obviously i religiously payed. :p.

Ofcause it should not be free, look at the cost of licenses of cars etc. What would you pay at iRacing for these cars?
15 euros each, then add the tracks

AC does exactly the same, release a DLC and get people to help pay for the license from the cars.

And to add - the GT3 cars wont be used in SRCA for the time being, simply because we want slower cars here.

But it IS paid content.
Rf2 already has a core, many series and leagues are based on existing, free content.
Can't just put that on the backburner in favor of an unreleased and still under construction package of largely unknown content.
Having said all that, I'm sure the vast majority of keen RF2 players are all too happy to flash their credit card for something like that and trust S397 to do a quality job, myself included.
But rookie series need to draw in the new players and most new players have all this free content to choose from and we are going to offer them the one and only official paid mod ever released instead?
The first step would rather be accessible to all.
From there on people can choose what they want to be doing and how seriously they want to be taking all this.
I'm all for driving the 650S, it's a beast and I am enjoying the challenge to no end.
But...

I'm just baffled that (premier rF2 endurance league) SRC finds that new members would like to race with an old GT4 car instead of the new hugely anticipated GT3 cars.
And to add - the GT3 cars wont be used in SRCA for the time being, simply because we want slower cars here.
I have nothing against racing with GT4 cars, and with 370Z in particular (one of my favorite ISI cars), but seriously...

I'm just baffled that (premier rF2 endurance league) SRC finds that new members would like to race with an old GT4 car instead of the new hugely anticipated GT3 cars.

I have nothing against racing with GT4 cars, and with 370Z in particular (one of my favorite ISI cars), but seriously...
Could it be there is some plans to use them?.. did you check out the frontpage of SRC? :D
So yes seriously!

For me it makes no sense to force people to buy the GT3 pack (which isn't used in VEC/VLMS) , so they can race in VEC, for which they would then have to buy other content.

The academy should be accessible without having to purchase content.

Well, if SRC doesn't have any use for the pack in the future, then I see why there's no interest.
You dont seem to read the posts?
Could it be there is some plans to use them?.. did you check out the frontpage of SRC? :D
So yes seriously!

Now closing this thread, as this dosent really lead to anything.
Fact: GT4 is being used for SRCA, GT3 will be used elsewhere!

Status
Not open for further replies.