What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing.
Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Screen freezes, "slowmotion" bug and all the other shenanigans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan Walker

VEC Division 3
VEC Season Pass
Something I tried as a last resort after chatting to @Marcel Offermans last night was reformatting my PC as it had loads of rubbish on it. After some some laps tonight no stutters or freezes so far and might of just cured them.

Worth a shot if you haven't tried it already.

William Geuze

VEC Division 2
VEC Season Pass
Something I tried as a last resort after chatting to @Marcel Offermans last night was reformatting my PC as it had loads of rubbish on it. After some some laps tonight no stutters or freezes so far and might of just cured them.

Worth a shot if you haven't tried it already.
I might end up doing the same, had a race in another league yesterday where driving was like watching a slide show, cost me about a second a lap... Beyond frustrating, I was this close to parking it in the garage :p

Frans-Jan Romme

VEC Division 4
VEC Season Pass
Hi all, i have a little RF2 problem, i dont know if it's in the setting or another problem, its the distance from the cars and when there visibale, i see a car in i quess 10 mtr,
ather that ( see photo ) on the socond i have my RF2 setting. cars just disapreare after a few meters. i have it a few days, and no change of settings, drivers ect. new install from RF2 din't work.... please help ( hope you understand my english )

Attachments

William Geuze

VEC Division 2
VEC Season Pass
Try turning auto detail FPS to off.

p.s.
No need to excuse yourself for your English in every.single.reply...
We're not all native speakers, and that's fine!

Frans-Jan Romme

VEC Division 4
VEC Season Pass
Try turning auto detail FPS to off.

p.s.
No need to excuse yourself for your English in every.single.reply...
We're not all native speakers, and that's fine!
if i do my amd290 gets arround 90c, i sall try to set the fps higher in the amd software, i let you know if it works

William Geuze

VEC Division 2
VEC Season Pass
Can you try and find max_fps (or similar, don't know it by heart) in the player.JSON file and set that to 60 or 59?
This way you can cap the framerate and should allow for a smoother experience, since there are no more big fluctuations in FPS :)

Thomas Jacobs

VEC Division 2
VEC Season Pass
Regarding screen freezes, can some people do a little test for me? I've noticed on DevMode (while creating mods) that I get stutters when my Wheel (Fanatec Clubsport V2.5 with V3 pedals) is plugged in, but when its not plugged in or turned on I don't get any stutters. I let the AI drive the car for both instances and am wondering if it's a FFB issue instead of graphics or physics. Thoughts?

Frans-Jan Romme

VEC Division 4
VEC Season Pass
Can you try and find max_fps (or similar, don't know it by heart) in the player.JSON file and set that to 60 or 59?
This way you can cap the framerate and should allow for a smoother experience, since there are no more big fluctuations in FPS :)
thnx, workt for me

Thomas Jacobs

VEC Division 2
VEC Season Pass
Just a message for those who were suffering from stutters during the race on saturday, if you are running with "Aggressive threading" in the video settings, try turning it off. Just did a test between the two settings (40 AI with myself driving as well (FFB and wheel input affects the stutters as well)) and the difference is night and day (at least offline testing). Still not 100% gone for me, but it's much better/tolerable.

Ryan Walker

VEC Division 3
VEC Season Pass
As I posted on the Silverstone thread.

Anyone having the screen freeze issues I tried this:

Reformatted my PC then installed rFactor 2 again and made a clean player file but haven't run windows updates as I have a feeling my issues was something to do with windows updates possibly installing something that may be running in the background.

Joona Karimaa

VEC Division 1
VEC Season Pass
Just going to throw my two cents here.

Only way i have been able to produce freezes ever was with my old i5-2500k cpu when raising the fps limit over 125. Now with Ryzen 5 2600 runs fine with 145 fps limit. I'm using 2560x1080 res in 144hz.

Other specs:
Win 10 home on SSD
GTX 1060 6gb
16gt ddr4 3200mhz cl15
GIGABYTE GA-AB350 Gaming 3 motherboard

Just saying you should limit your fps, then you could have some reserve grunt to handle those potential freezes? No point running 200fps if you don't have 200hz monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.