What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing.
Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

Screen freezes, "slowmotion" bug and all the other shenanigans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matheus Machado

VEC Division 1
VEC Season Pass
Daryl's settings worked superb in the old game stock car extreme days. So it wouldn't surprise me if it runs really well on rF2.

The only issue was when one day, suddenly the frames wouldn't go above 50 and the game got absurd 3 consecutive freezes that got worse throughout a race (same that I had in my first VEC install during S8). That were completely gone after turning delay video swap to 1, lost all my hud though, but it was flawless.

Martin Dyrlund

VEC Division 1
SRC Season pass
Sadly your settings caused stutter on my computer (I think it is the Fast Sync that causes it), and even lowering gfx did not work. What works for me is having capped FPS at 181 with 60 hz monitor, and adjust gfx settings to keep those framerates...

Problem is with DX11 its impossible to keep those framerates even on lowest settings with everything...

Daniel Monteiro

VEC Division 3
VLMS
SRC Season pass
I will try these settings... I am impressed that your CPU usage is so low. I also have 1060 GTX 6GB but a i5 3570k.

What Windows are you running?
@Daryl Russell , is your CPU usage always that low, or does it go to 100, and then a few seconds later to 0, and then to 30-something, and so on? That is what happens on mine, and I find it strange, I don't really understand it. So, @Martin Dyrlund , if the situation I described also occurs with Daryl, it could be that the screenshot was just taken at the "right" time :p

I have used the settings you described Daryl, and I manage to get a smooth experience so far, even with details quite high (i7-5280K, 970 GTX, 16GB RAM)

EDIT: I have 12 visible cars though. And even with low graphics settings, I never managed to get 180 FPS, except when sitting in the pits.

Here a short video with 40 cars at night with rain showers at Brazil. CPU usage ranges from 0 - 94 but it mainly runs on low digits as you can see. I think my GPU doing most of the work and i have my PhysX set to the graphic card.

Daniel Monteiro

VEC Division 3
VLMS
SRC Season pass
Interesting: every time I try to set PhysX to anything other than Auto-select (i.e. graphics card or CPU, did it just to try) then the nVidia control panel crashes when I press "Apply"... :confused:

Jan Studenski

VEC Division 4
VLMS
SRC Season pass
Interesting: every time I try to set PhysX to anything other than Auto-select (i.e. graphics card or CPU, did it just to try) then the nVidia control panel crashes when I press "Apply"... :confused:
Maybe do a clean uninstall once with this program in SAFE MODE

Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 17.0.8.2
Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 17.0.8.2

Be aware it resets every nVidia Control Panel setting. Using nVidia Clean Install feature is not as clean as this one is.

I made a fresh rf2 install after VEC Suzuka and previously I had problems hitting 90fps.. After the reinstall I have usually over 200fps. :O (215fps at suzuka and 220-230fps at Interlagos) Pretty huge improvement I'd say.

Jan Studenski

VEC Division 4
VLMS
SRC Season pass
I made a fresh rf2 install after VEC Suzuka and previously I had problems hitting 90fps.. After the reinstall I have usually over 200fps. :O (215fps at suzuka and 220-230fps at Interlagos) Pretty huge improvement I'd say.
I did the same, just for safety reason. I was afraid that settings from DX9 had a bad influence on DX11. Seems like this is the case here.

Warping opponents while trying to pass them (also slight slowing while this happened) and a 2 seconds screen freeze middle-stint (2 hours stint).
That what was happening to me at Suzuka in DX11.(went to dx9 for race).Once after a clean install of graphic driver and with those settings on nvidia panel and ingame all is better

Martin Dyrlund

VEC Division 1
SRC Season pass
CPUTot on 100 just sitting in the pits... Looking at the earlier video from Daryl it very rarely reaches 100...

Any idea what it can be? It jumps alot from 0 to 100, nothing in between...

Attachments

Niclas Porbadnik

VLMS
SRC Season pass
hey :)

since i switched to dx11 i only get 60 fps in "Borderless Windowed" mode. In Fullscreen mode i have between 150 and 220 fps.
sync is set to "none"

i drove with those settings since release and never had any issues.
and even if vsync would be active, my monitor is running at 120hz so the frame lock should be at 120.

any hints how to solve that ? :)

Cheers

Daniel Monteiro

VEC Division 3
VLMS
SRC Season pass
CPUTot on 100 just sitting in the pits... Looking at the earlier video from Daryl it very rarely reaches 100...

Any idea what it can be? It jumps alot from 0 to 100, nothing in between...
The same happens to me. No idea what it means, but the game runs flawlessly in my case (around the same hugeness of FPS as you) so I'm happy :) Do you still have any issues?

Martin Dyrlund

VEC Division 1
SRC Season pass
Hmm, capped at 60 framerates in player file seemed to work. Will test further but CPUTot was also not 100 just sitting in the pits. Now it was also something in between 0 and 100.

Daniel Monteiro

VEC Division 3
VLMS
SRC Season pass
hey :)

since i switched to dx11 i only get 60 fps in "Borderless Windowed" mode. In Fullscreen mode i have between 150 and 220 fps.
sync is set to "none"

i drove with those settings since release and never had any issues.
and even if vsync would be active, my monitor is running at 120hz so the frame lock should be at 120.

any hints how to solve that ? :)

Cheers
As I recall, changing the window mode did not affect the framerate for me, so I recommend going into the player.json file to see if you have set the Maxframerate to 60 there.

Enzo Fazzi

VEC Division 1
VLMS
SRC Season pass
As I recall, changing the window mode did not affect the framerate for me, so I recommend going into the player.json file to see if you have set the Maxframerate to 60 there.
Running the game in windowed mode turns vsync on.

Status
Not open for further replies.