What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

S9 - Race 3 - Silverstone

I remember the incident well!

I was aware of you gaining for a while and was thinking after maggots/Becketts we'd hit the straight and I'd move over.
Then @Matthew Wheeler messed up the entry and I had to change lines which slowed me up considerably.
A glance in the mirrors and I saw you go for the move so I kept as far to the right as possible.
I noticed Matthew had left the track at this point so was thinking ok, should be all good.
Then he rejoined the track just as we all arrived at the entry on the last corner before Hangar? Straight and still keeping as far right as I could I saw the collision.
From my point of view, having left the track, Matthew should have been aware that a faster car under blue flag was passing.
That said, and I've done this so many times, the best thing to have done seeing the battle we were having would have been to get a decent run onto the straight, where we both would have moved over and allowed a safe pass.
Hindsight aye !

Yeah i'll be the first to admit it was quite an optimistic move, to be honest I wasn't expecting Wheeler to get back on the track so fast and as you say with hindsight probably would have held back if I knew we were all going parallel.

Does anyone know how to get to the reporting form in the new forum design?

Thanks for a well organised season. I won't say it was fun, but that's just due to my own driving. Learned some stuff anyway... :)

Anyway just once more I wanted to thank everyone for how well even the "less important" league is organised. Great first impressions, can't wait for more :)

I would argue it's the most important league!
The VEC would be nothing without drivers and teams.
And drivers are sourced through the academy ;)

Stewards review has been posted.
If you're interested,lease take a look at 866. It's exactly why we penalize for cutting the pit entry and exit here and in VEC/VLMS.

3583 - M. Jacobs and M. Wheeler go off track and both rejoin unsafely, M. Wheeler hits and spins C. Pritchard by doing so.
M. Jacobs - Drive through
M. Wheeler - 30 second stop and hold

Could you please go into a bit more detail about this, for the benefit of learning?

Last edited by a moderator:
When you returned on the track, you came directly on the racing line where Pritchard drove at that time, you hit him in the rear and forced him into a spin. Always check, maybe do it rather twice, when you are returning on the track, so your move will not cause problems to other drivers like it was in this case.

Good job those penalties are not carrried over or I'd be appealing

I didn't go off track, I just held to the right as far as I could.

I'm gonna rewatch the replay