What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

S4/R2 Watkins Glen Stockcar

just a quickie...congrats to Marek for the win and all you guys for clean driving. someone had an unfortunate spin early and i couldn't avoid him.
probably minor damage so i pitted. maybe shouldn't have as I was 20 seconds down.
Still, others had problems. I pitted with 30 minutes left and expected 100L to go in as per pit stop 1 that I had set up.
So I'm suddenly doing quite well..maybe 10th? and I realise the car has only filled with 34L which was my pit stop 2 setting (just in case). Ive never really had to do 2 pit stops in rfactor 2...is it normal to use the pitstop 2 value of fuel rather than in order?
Had to make a splash and dash at the end but probably only lost 1 position. frustrating as 10th finished 5 seconds away and I was closing

Nice battle with benjamin schroeder. Ben, you definitely had a slight edge on pace. When i locked the front left, i had understeer and couldnt defend so the battle was over :-( im sure you would have passed before long anyway though :)

another 11th postition. what is it with me and 11? lol
Enzo, thanks for doing the TS work. Mind you, i did a nice little off track excursion when I heard you voice go "Code 80" with a few laps to go. only lost a second or two an missed the wall.

Cheers all

Agree with Tero in game chat during race is distracting luckily I ignored it this time and just watched out for any warnings. I am surprised no one could hear the whispers on TeamSpeak. I heard every announcement loud and clear if you can't hear guys get your headset sorted, adjust the volumes get your settings right in TeamSpeak and in game etc. I also don't want to name and shame but I nearly got taken out under a code 80 again. Someone not sticking to the rules, this is two races now by same driver. So please again listen to announcements and re read the rules a code 80 is limiter on. If this was done in a VEC race or VLMs I dread to think of the repercussions. :eek:

Anyway my race was pretty good I am happy I actually finished this time and no DQ. I got caught up in the pile up on the opening lap and got front aero damage. I was 13th from 22nd but under the code 80 I dived in to the pits to repair it. 48 seconds to repair and I lost two places. Throughout the race I had some great battles throughout and finishing 16th isn't bad really.:):) I managed my tyres brilliantly and pitted with less than half an hour to go and top up fuel. Made one mistake at the chicane where I was distracted from the cars ahead battling and see them lock up and I missed my marker lol. Apart from that good enjoyable race at least the rain held off although a few occasions i thought it was going to when the sky kept going overcast then sunny now and again.:cool:

Congrats to the podium and thanks all for another fun and clean race. I spent most of the race in tenth place with no other cars in sight. At the beginning, despite hitting the breaks instantly I couldn't quite avoid the huge mess at T2, but luckily there was no damage and I quickly got moving again.

My second drama was my pit stop when I slowed too quickly and managed to spin at the start of the pit entrance lines! Luckily no one was around but it cost me precious time.

Later on Benjamin flew past me and I almost blew my engine whilst moving out of his way. I think I hit both shifter paddles together which dumped the car into neutral. But a little later Benjamin seemed to be struggling for pace and after a fun few laps including 2 wide through T1 I got past. I then had a fun battle with Marek before getting a good run off the top of the hill and getting to the chicane first. Thanks for the clean racing guys.

Somehow I was in 7th, and crossed the line with 0.4 litres of fuel left!

Thanks to SRC for great organisation yet again. And I echo the request for EVERYONE to read the rules please.

Cheers,

Adam

Had a fun race and congrats to all the finishers.
I surprised myself with a decent pace in quali. Starting fifth I knew I still had some work to do as I had to perform a penalty from last week sometime in the race which would then put me in fifth to last.
Got a pretty good start and ended up on the inside in turn 1. Had some slight contact with another car , but i don't think I'm fully to blame for that. The car later got sideways rejoining the track which then caused the big one between t1 and t2.

Went into the pits for last weeks penalty quite early and pushed into the top ten during that first stint. Had some great battles on the way and felt comfortable with my strategy. Only changed front tyres and refueled about 40l. As they warmed up my pace came back and I think I gained another place but then bad luck hit and my fanatec CSR elite pedals let me down. I couldn't go full throttle , i only got ~80%... It cost me 20kph on the straight but only about 2secs per lap as it enabled me to go "faster" through some slower corners. All in all pretty happy with the race although I could have finished in a higher position.

" Had some slight contact with another car , but i don't think I'm fully to blame for that. The car later got sideways rejoining the track which then caused the big one between t1 and t2."

Yeah, Right. All my fault... If u dont hit me, my car keep on the track with no problem. I came back to track because I was on limit of the escape area and going to grass which would be even worse.

I probably will be punished and i'm ok with that. But don't try to exclude your responsibility.

It's a 90 minutes race... Calm Down on starts...

Last edited:
" ...

Yeah, Right. All my fault...

I definitely did not say that. The big one was caused by the rejoin, no doubt about that. You going offtrack was caused by our contact which, as I said, wasn't all my fault either. I looked at my replay yesterday and still think that we could've gone through there without contact. Let's let the stewards decide on that one.

I definitely did not say that. The big one was caused by the rejoin, no doubt about that. You going offtrack was caused by our contact which, as I said, wasn't all my fault either. I looked at my replay yesterday and still think that we could've gone through there without contact. Let's let the stewards decide on that one.

What? Is this some kind of joke? There is no 'our contact'. That was U hitting me from BEHIND in the ORANGE zone. U should avoid that contact, not me... Because I didn't change my line or did anything to create that situation. But now i know i'm correct. U want to try exclude yourself to your responsability.
Bye!

Last edited:
This is my opinion about the whole story:

Someone hit Alysson Pacheco wide in Turn 1. Who's at fault I can't tell and its not my duty.

Alysson Pacheco regains control of the car after being clearly off track and just without any checking or similiar rejoins the track, right into my left door, which causes me to spin in spectacular fashion, which causes carnage and gives damage to half of the field.

These are 2 seperate incidents. Yes he pushed you wide but yes you could have avoided that rejoin, it was not part of the contact anymore, you clearly had your car back under control. Sorry if I say so, but I hope for that rejoin you get punished very hard.

I got stuck in a wall because of that and couldn't drive anymore. Race ruined. Thanks for this very beautiful first race I ever had in rF2. And I thought those Quali times were awesome.
Even the admin told me what to do, I made a mistake (I clicked on Exit to Monitor) and so I couldn't continue on sadly - that was my mistake, but I'm not angry at myself, it was the first time in this league and I had to learn some rules, cause they're different from what I'm used to.

Something else I'm complaining about is Qualifying. Some people caused collisions in Qualifying, some held up people even they clearly went offtrack, some people were on an outlap and still didn't leave enough of a gap at the last corner so they were right at my tail on S/F.

@Enzo Fazzi Would be nice if that rejoin procedure is written into the rules!

Would be nice if that rejoin procedure is written into the rules!

Rejoining the race. Drivers off track due to an incident or off and cars spun on the track itself must resume the race in a safe manner. This may mean driving forwards and/or reversing to a safe area to get turned in the direction of travel, then merging safely into the flow of traffic. When possible, please do not rejoin near a corner entry, apex or exit. Turn lights off once back up to speed.

It is, you just have to read it.

------------------------------------------

There has been said a lot about what was wrong in the race and about drivers behaviour, but at the end of the day only one or two will do IRR again. Report unfriendly and agressive drive here https://forum.simracing.club/index.php?applicationform/33/form and we will punish these drivers if they really did something against the rules.

4.11 Rejoining the race. Drivers off track due to an incident or off and cars spun on the track itself must resume the race in a safe manner. This may mean driving forwards and/or reversing to a safe area to get turned in the direction of travel, then merging safely into the flow of traffic. When possible, please do not rejoin near a corner entry, apex or exit. Turn lights off once back up to speed.

It is, you just have to read it.

------------------------------------------

There has been said a lot about what was wrong in the race and about drivers behaviour, but at the end of the day only one or two will do IRR again. Report unfriendly and agressive drive here https://forum.simracing.club/index.php?applicationform/33/form and we will punish these drivers if they really did something against the rules.
Sry my fault I should have been more clear what I wanted ...

@Matej Lakota
I meant when you get stuck in the wall :D and have to exit the game and restart pc etc.

Still waiting for the replay and then I think there will be some IRRs

This is my opinion about the whole story:

Someone hit Alysson Pacheco wide in Turn 1. Who's at fault I can't tell and its not my duty.

Alysson Pacheco regains control of the car after being clearly off track and just without any checking or similiar rejoins the track, right into my left door, which causes me to spin in spectacular fashion, which causes carnage and gives damage to half of the field.

These are 2 seperate incidents. Yes he pushed you wide but yes you could have avoided that rejoin, it was not part of the contact anymore, you clearly had your car back under control. Sorry if I say so, but I hope for that rejoin you get punished very hard.

I got stuck in a wall because of that and couldn't drive anymore. Race ruined. Thanks for this very beautiful first race I ever had in rF2. And I thought those Quali times were awesome.
Even the admin told me what to do, I made a mistake (I clicked on Exit to Monitor) and so I couldn't continue on sadly - that was my mistake, but I'm not angry at myself, it was the first time in this league and I had to learn some rules, cause they're different from what I'm used to.

Something else I'm complaining about is Qualifying. Some people caused collisions in Qualifying, some held up people even they clearly went offtrack, some people were on an outlap and still didn't leave enough of a gap at the last corner so they were right at my tail on S/F.

@Enzo Fazzi Would be nice if that rejoin procedure is written into the rules!

I agreed with u. I have my responsability, no doubt about that. But if u see that from my POV u gonna see my car back on control just 10 ~5 m from the grass and all happens really fast. That was all instinctive. We cannot to compare that with a mistake or spin when u have the opportunity to decide how come back to track.

I rarely involve myself in accidents, but this time I did.

Sorry!

Jan, your case was one of the kind ... I mean, so rare that I can only remember my ex-teammate from VEC S8 who stucked almost the same way with Viper at Nurburgring, but he crawled out of there in about 5 minutes of hard fight :). You need to understand, we can not predict what kind unfortunate situations can happen to 30 drivers in the race, so we could write 10 different possible solutions, but 11th will happen in next race. It is the reason why Enzo jumped in TS and tried to help you in real time, because we really want everyone finish the race. You all invested a lot of time in practice and when race ends in first lap to anyone, it is not what we like to see.

About IRR.
Usualy everyone involved has different point of view to the same accident and if everyone will make IRR, we will watch it from all reported perspectives and do the right decision.

Would it be ok to post up a you tube video of the incident? I had nowhere to go and squeezed pass the car in the barriers going high. Too much carnage at bottom of the corner. So wish this race was broadcasted it certainly wasn't boring for me

Please don t, it will escalate more discussions about accident(s) which lead nowhere. Jimmi will upload replay soon, fill IRR and we will check everything what you will report.

Oh and about the rejoining process.

When you hit escape and go back to the garage, you CAN NOT rejoin the race. However, when you get stuck in a barrier like Jan did, or have a disconnection/game crash or whatever else, you can rejoin.
However, some steps need to be taken. In Jan's situation, one would have to kill the game via taskmanager or shut down your internet. Atleast something that makes you lose connection to the server.
Then you have to reboot your COMPUTER, not just the game, the whole PC. After that you should be able to rejoin the race.