What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

S4/R2 Watkins Glen Stockcar

It's the same for everyone you know :) IIRC the dry tyres on this car are actually pretty versatile when the rain comes, maybe look at where the crossover points for switching to wets are, and go from there.

Only one complain about this car from 80 drivers who have signed in SRCA in last two seasons is outstanding ratio and proves we picked right little beast to run it. We have already made a choice for the next car and for seasons 6 and 7 we will probably replace 370Z, but only for two seasons, then we will see the feedback and make further decisions.

So i notice that the server is now rainy. I just tried to drive the track and it is an absolute mess in this car in the rain. Maybe I'm just doing it wrong but if it is going to be wet im going to have to drop out. There is no way i can i drive that car in the rain there and not ruin somebody else's race. It slides around like on ice and when/if you do find some grip it understeers 10x worse than it normally does. I took the day off work tomorrow just to race. So this would be a bummer. I would also like to mention that this car in general is just not any fun to drive. I really hope you guys consider a different car in the future for this series. The URD GT3 cars are so much easier,and more fun to drive than this 370. It seems odd that the progression works that way.

I used to own a 350z and this car drives nothing like my real car did. Something is wrong with the tires on this thing. Maybe im just a bad driver. Im certainly not good with the car though.
The road car is nothing like the GT4 car. I spoke to someone who has driven the GT4 and he says it's fairly accurate.

About the rain, we tested it beforehand and there was a wet weather race previously, there are no issues.

Try lowering the tire pressures, more rear wing and more brake bias to the rear.

As its a real weather plugin...im off to check the forecast. Obviously taking into account the time difference.
When i checked at the weekend it suggested rain wud have cleared up

Tonight I will not be able to attend the race because I have not changed the work schedule. And tried to do everything I could to get the schedule, but in the end I could not

I would also like to mention that this car in general is just not any fun to drive. I really hope you guys consider a different car in the future for this series. The URD GT3 cars are so much easier,and more fun to drive than this 370.
Afaik the 370Z is supposed to be used for two season, S3 and S4. Before that they used the Megane Trophy car. No idea what car is used next, but I feel changes are high that it won't be the 370Z.

The 370z has a fairly poor feel (FFB) regarding front tyres. And that makes it fairly tricky to drive because you can't feel that well what's going on.

And the URD GT cars are GTE/GTLM spec, not GT3 :)

Race date: 8. February
Race Length: 90 Minutes
Simulated Race Time: 14:00 - 15:30
Weather forecast: Live weather conditions from the racetrack

Race schedule:

Real name mandatory, otherwise you will get black flag in open practice before the race.
Driver has to change nickname after 1st warning when admins notice he is not using real name, otherwise he will be excluded from SRCA league before the first race.

19:00 - Server reboot
19:05 - Open practice
20:25 - All cars must be on the server, all racers connected to TeamSpeak (everyone alone in his channel) - and stay there
20:55 – 21:20 - Qualifying
21:20 – 21:25 - 5 min break/warmup
21:27 - Start of formation lap - formation lap under pit limiter
21:30 - Green flag announced on teamspeak

Server: The latest build
Event on facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/rf2SRCA
Flag rules: Black only
Broadcast: https://gaming.youtube.com/channel/UCsVVETEGcJwIHYHyvGedN3Q/live

Review the rules before joining the server for the race.

Orange Zone: In effect through first full lap
Guys...this was not 20.55pm gmt quali last week hence why i started from the back. Is it meant to be 7.55pm gmt?just checking. Cheers

No i didnt. I incorrectly assumed that because so many leagues run gmt and with it being central.

Where is this league based?
Ah well..i learned the hard way lol
There is a handy server clock on the home page! It follows CET and observes DST.