What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

S4/R2 Watkins Glen Stockcar

Matej Lakota

Reaction score
Race date: 8. February
Race Length: 90 Minutes
Simulated Race Time: 14:00 - 15:30
Weather forecast: Live weather conditions from the racetrack

Race schedule:

Real name mandatory, otherwise you will get black flag in open practice before the race.
Driver has to change nickname after 1st warning when admins notice he is not using real name, otherwise he will be excluded from SRCA league before the first race.

19:00 - Server reboot
19:05 - Open practice
20:25 - All cars must be on the server, all racers connected to TeamSpeak (everyone alone in his channel) - and stay there
20:55 – 21:20 - Qualifying
21:20 – 21:25 - 5 min break/warmup
21:27 - Start of formation lap - formation lap under pit limiter
21:30 - Green flag announced on teamspeak

Server: The latest build
Event on facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/rf2SRCA
Flag rules: Black only
Broadcast: https://gaming.youtube.com/channel/UCsVVETEGcJwIHYHyvGedN3Q/live

Review the rules before joining the server for the race.

Orange Zone: In effect through first full lap

watkinsglennum.jpg

Stewards review

Orange Zone:
B. Schroeder hit the back of A. Pacheco, forcing A. Pacheco off track. A. Pacheco then rejoins the track in an unsafe manner, causing a pile up.
B. Schroeder - Avoidable contact in orange zone - 30 second stop and hold
A. Pacheco - Unsafe rejoin in orange zone - 60 second stop and hold

Reported incidents:
Qualifying 385 - J. Cabrita had obviously lost time and cut the track and should've aborted his lap, instead he blocked J. Studenski - Intentional blocking - Drive through

Pit entry and exit line cuts:
L. Soerensen 4x - 60 second stop and hold + drive through
A. Ford 4x - 60 second stop and hold + drive through
A. Farmer 3x - 60 second stop and hold
N. Simic 4x - 60 second stop and hold + drive through
B. Schroeder 1x - Drive through
B. David 1x - Drive through
J. Cabrita 1x - Drive through
G.M. Alvarado 1x - Drive through
A. Hess 1x - Drive through
M. Cabral 1x - Drive through
J. Kierek 2x - 30 second stop and hold
C. Pritchard 2x - 30 second stop and hold

Track limit abuse
This was absurd, several people completely ignored the track limits, showing no respect for the rules. As said before, cutting once or twice is fine and we understand that this track was a bit trickier, so we'll be very mild again. However, several people had less than 3 cuts or even 0. This is shows great contrast to someone who cut a total of 59 times. This adds up to every green flag lap he drove. Not only will this result in a penalty for the next round, it will severely hurt your chances to gain license 4.
T. Ukic - 20+ cuts - 30 second stop and hold
A. Hess - 20+ cuts - 30 second stop and hold
M. Cabral - 30+ cuts - 60 second stop and hold AND probation
A. Farmer - 10+ cuts - Drive through
J. Rasmussen - 20+ cuts - 30 second stop and hold
L. Soerensen - 20+ cuts - 30 second stop and hold
G.M. Alvarado - 10+ cuts - Drive through
J. Kierek - 50+ cuts - 60 second stop and hold + 30 second stop and hold AND Probation
J. Cabrita - 20+ cuts - 30 second stop and hold
C. Pritchard - 20+ cuts - 30 second stop and hold
C. Lozano - 30+ cuts - 60 second stop and hold AND probation
T. Frith - 10+ cuts - Drive through
N. Marchon - 20+ cuts - 30 second stop and hold
N. Simic - 20+ cuts - 30 second stop and hold

Other penalties

Code 80 infraction - N. Simic failed to follow the code 80 rules two races in a row and will therefore be put on probation.

Probation
Due to the fact that L. Soerensen had a cut penalty at Race 1 and now one for cutting the pits and one for cutting the track, we feel like L. Soerensen either hasn't read the rules, or doesn't understand them. This is why we are putting L. Soerensen on probation.

Final penalty summary
B. Schroeder - 60 second stop and hold
A. Pacheco - 60 second stop and hold
J. Cabrita - 60 second stop and hold + Drive through
L. Soerensen - 60 second stop and hold + 60 second stop and hold AND probation
A. Ford - 60 second stop and hold + drive through
A. Farmer - 60 second stop and hold + Drive through
N. Simic - 60 second stop and hold + 60 second stop and hold AND probation
B. David - Drive through
G.M. Alvarado - 30 second stop and hold
A. Hess - 60 second stop and hold
M. Cabral - 60 second stop and hold + drive through AND probation
J. Kierek - 30 second stop and hold + 60 second stop and hold AND probation
C. Pritchard - 60 second stop and hold + Drive through
T. Ukic - 30 second stop and hold
J. Rasmussen - 30 second stop and hold
C. Lozano - 30+ cuts - 60 second stop and hold AND probation
T. Frith - Drive through
N. Marchon - 30 second stop and hold

For new drivers, penalties will be applied to you by the game, roughly 10 minutes in to the next race session.

We only looked at the reported incidents (IRR's), please submit an IRR if you want to have an incident reviewed.

Last edited by a moderator:
"The track itself will warn and penalise of white line infractions, we suggest you learn the tracks boundries BEFORE the race."
I'm going to ask this question again, are we going to be penalised (in regards to white line infractions) by the game ONLY or will the stewards review this as well? It's pretty hard to keep the track of everyone's track limits whilst there is 30 cars in a race and reviewing every single lap by every single driver would take ages to get final result so I would imagine you guys leave this for the game to handle?

I'm talking about exit of T7 in particular.

Can we get a warning through teamspeak if we get "caught"? It's sometimes hard to judge if you cross the white line with all four wheels when you're in the car.

"The track itself will warn and penalise of white line infractions, we suggest you learn the tracks boundries BEFORE the race."
I'm going to ask this question again, are we going to be penalised (in regards to white line infractions) by the game ONLY or will the stewards review this as well? It's pretty hard to keep the track of everyone's track limits whilst there is 30 cars in a race and reviewing every single lap by every single driver would take ages to get final result so I would imagine you guys leave this for the game to handle?

I'm talking about exit of T7 in particular.
I will check for cutting after the races, if we notice people have been abusing track limits. (This was the case yesterday)

Every 3 cuts will result in a penalty, this is not as harsh as the game would penalize.

Hey guys, it is highly probable I am going to miss the race wednsday, will this effect wether I could get a license 4 or not? thanks. A shame really, was getting decent times on the server.

Max, at least two races you need to finish to get a chance for L4 promotion, so from this point no problem if you miss one race.

I have a question: is legal or illegal crossing the line in last corner??

Attachments

• 20170205234646_1.jpg
    20170205234646_1.jpg
    592.2 KB · Views: 35
Why is the sign up closed? I'm new to this and just wanted ti know... Want to get license for the real racing events! :)

So i notice that the server is now rainy. I just tried to drive the track and it is an absolute mess in this car in the rain. Maybe I'm just doing it wrong but if it is going to be wet im going to have to drop out. There is no way i can i drive that car in the rain there and not ruin somebody else's race. It slides around like on ice and when/if you do find some grip it understeers 10x worse than it normally does. I took the day off work tomorrow just to race. So this would be a bummer. I would also like to mention that this car in general is just not any fun to drive. I really hope you guys consider a different car in the future for this series. The URD GT3 cars are so much easier,and more fun to drive than this 370. It seems odd that the progression works that way.

I used to own a 350z and this car drives nothing like my real car did. Something is wrong with the tires on this thing. Maybe im just a bad driver. Im certainly not good with the car though.