What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

S4/R1 Autodromo di Mores

@Marek Cieslak always use your car (#25) when you drive on the server. 2x Tero Dahlberg s car on the server in the same time would caused us a lot of troubles if we would broadcasted last night.

Well, it is now another thing I have to be aware and if officials will see someone (in the evening before the race) drives the car that doesn t belong him (we know for exceptions) it will result immediate ban from actual race.

Wrong tactic, I made a pit stop, when it was possible to drive without it. But the race itself turned out pretty dynamic. Hopefully next one will be better.
I made pitstop as fuel was tight but didnt change tyres. They were fine until late on when u were behind and i had to downshift an extra gear to use more engine braking

I coasted a lot but didnt short shift.
Im curious..do u think it was definitely possible to go a full race without fuel change? Maybe i was too cautious and didnt do a lot of testing fuel.

Great racing btw . Well done

I made pitstop as fuel was tight but didnt change tyres. They were fine until late on when u were behind and i had to downshift an extra gear to use more engine braking

I coasted a lot but didnt short shift.
Im curious..do u think it was definitely possible to go a full race without fuel change? Maybe i was too cautious and didnt do a lot of testing fuel.

Great racing btw . Well done
Yes, I also had one set of tires in the race. Very little wear, despite aggressive driving. As for the fuel, it would be difficult, but possible. It was necessary to seriously monitor the consumption. On this track in the heat of battle it would be not easy. Maybe I'm wrong. It's a big risk.
Anyway, good race)

Server replay is up, we will review all IRR's sent in before Saturday, 20:00 CET.

Sent in incidents through the tab at the top called Drivers > Incident review request > SRCA

Yes, I also had one set of tires in the race. Very little wear, despite aggressive driving. As for the fuel, it would be difficult, but possible. It was necessary to seriously monitor the consumption. On this track in the heat of battle it would be not easy. Maybe I'm wrong. It's a big risk.
Anyway, good race)

Tbh I found that I didn't really have to watch my fuel consumption at all. It was close, kinda hovering around the 2 mins extra for most of the race. But I didn't have to change my driving style to get to the end. I think the code 80 helped a bit too. But recognizing quite early on that a no stop was possible meant that I was much higher up than I should have been on pure pace.

it seems I will only be able to make 7 minutes of qualifying for all of these races, so my results aren't going to be that good. I think there should be an alternative way of obtaining a license 4 then being cleared by the admins after completing a season of SRCA.

it seems I will only be able to make 7 minutes of qualifying for all of these races, so my results aren't going to be that good. I think there should be an alternative way of obtaining a license 4 then being cleared by the admins after completing a season of SRCA.
So what you saying is that we need to sort out our schedule for everyone's work schedule?

We can't do that. We can offer racing on different days and even a season for US citizens.

Oh and remember that safety and steady races means more than being the fastest guy.
Most people will be able to fit their hobby into their work schedule - at least I've been able to for the past 9 years while doing vec. And no - this is not just a Saturday every month ;)

So what you saying is that we need to sort out our schedule for everyone's work schedule?

We can't do that. We can offer racing on different days and even a season for US citizens.

Oh and remember that safety and steady races means more than being the fastest guy.
Most people will be able to fit their hobby into their work schedule - at least I've been able to for the past 9 years while doing vec. And no - this is not just a Saturday every month ;)

Thanks for the reply, and I understand you cannot please everyone, but basically I get home from my normal activities with little time to spare to get to the SRCA races in time, so with my driving style I don't really feel I get warmed up properly. But like you said, it is more or less about safety and consistency and whether you finish rather than where you finish. Great banter!

Thanks for the reply, and I understand you cannot please everyone, but basically I get home from my normal activities with little time to spare to get to the SRCA races in time, so with my driving style I don't really feel I get warmed up properly. But like you said, it is more or less about safety and consistency and whether you finish rather than where you finish. Great banter!

You don't have to do all your practice in qualifying. The server is open 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.

So again, I missed quali and started from last. Im an average driver but enjoyed a decent race..moving from 28th to 11th. Never thought i would move up 17 places at such a tight track.
Couple of guys felt sorry for me stuck behind i think lol, some i fought passed and some i passed thru strategy. Only one guy overtook me the rest were blue flags as i lost so much time early on. Great respectful racing. So pleased i got the late sign up.
Thanks.

Favourite overtake? 17.22.
Cheers

So again, I missed quali and started from last. Im an average driver but enjoyed a decent race..moving from 28th to 11th. Never thought i would move up 17 places at such a tight track.
Couple of guys felt sorry for me stuck behind i think lol, some i fought passed and some i passed thru strategy. Only one guy overtook me the rest were blue flags as i lost so much time early on. Great respectful racing. So pleased i got the late sign up.
Thanks.

Favourite overtake? 17.22.
Cheers

Ahh so you were that dude who climbed 17 places, I was mildly smug with climbing 8 until I saw the results. Also on the stewards report, what is a stop and hold? Does it affect the result of this race or the next one?

Ahh so you were that dude who climbed 17 places, I was mildly smug with climbing 8 until I saw the results. Also on the stewards report, what is a stop and hold? Does it affect the result of this race or the next one?
Read the stewards review completely and you'll know ;)

Aha! Thanks mate. Id rather have started and finished where you did! Much harder to climb positions further near the front isnt it so well done you! I just thoroughly enjoyed the challenge. Its nicer moving up than back...especially on a tight track :)
Cheers buddy

Oh I didn't realize I overtook someone during the formation lap. I think it was a bit chaotic... I will look at the replay and learn from my mistakes:)..

If I can recall it correctly I got overtaken myself and then just tried to stay behind someone that I thought I qualified behind. See you ontack tonight!