What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

S39 - R1 & R2 - Silverstone / Interlagos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, survived both races without contacts with other cars which was the goal. Half of the field did not get the point that this was NOT a race but a test.
I waited 5 min in the pit for first Q at Silverstone waiting for whisper test and afraid it was on my end. Didn't want to risk infrigment. Then game crashed so got one flying lap.
Overall, OK driving standards, expected it to be worse. Grats to the winners!
See you on track in VLCM or next VEC season guys!
Thank you!
Georgi

I get that the two races are a test of driving maturity, but I don't see the point of letting people past or reducing pace a lot compared to what you actually would in a real race. I guess those drivers will get a licence anyway for staying clean but I don't see the point driving in a style that does not prove that you can deal with race action or in which way it is representative of you.

Personally, I have collected some scrape marks over the two races during close wheel to wheel fighting with other cars, but never enough to show in the damage indicator and also never irresponsibly. I have honestly had some great fun on track, rocking down my softs to 30% each race by pushing too hard :D

Just this moment I saw, that I got my level 4 License, yay!
Big thanks to Jimmy and the organisers for setting up the event and evaluating it so quickly.

I get that the two races are a test of driving maturity, but I don't see the point of letting people past or reducing pace a lot compared to what you actually would in a real race. I guess those drivers will get a licence anyway for staying clean but I don't see the point driving in a style that does not prove that you can deal with race action or in which way it is representative of you.

Personally, I have collected some scrape marks over the two races during close wheel to wheel fighting with other cars, but never enough to show in the damage indicator and also never irresponsibly. I have honestly had some great fun on track, rocking down my softs to 30% each race by pushing too hard :D

Just this moment I saw, that I got my level 4 License, yay!
Big thanks to Jimmy and the organisers for setting up the event and evaluating it so quickly.
No problem Rinaldu
But we´ve done 39 (thirty nine) seasons now, the important thing is not to drive fast, its to read and understand simple rules. You wont do good in any other series if you arent fast or predictable. New drivers in VEC or VLMC wont last long as obviously we have eyes on them. Why would you push 110% when its basically "show us you can read" pushing to hard will just end up in tears as people dont know each other. So if you dont see the point, i dont see why you signed up in the first place though.

Thank you Jimmi for the great sessions. Was impressed with most of the driving. for almost 40 guys who have never been together driving, I was expecting worse than that. Sorry about the flashing lights in the pit lane, forgot to change that before joining the server.

@David Delasalle Great clean battle at Interlagos, thank you for that. Congrats to everyone and I hope to see you on the track.

Thanks to all the participants, and to the organization. Quite stressful races because of wanting to be as clean as possible. Some small mistakes without consequences. "Bravo" to all and congratulations to the admitted license 4

First race was kind of a bummer because my sound died in warm-up, so had to pit early for safety reasons and restart my pc. Result was me being 6 laps down. Thankfully still had some battles while trying to unlap myself at least once!

Second race felt like I was driving on ice, me and the lmp3 will never be good friends o_O

No problem Rinaldu
But we´ve done 39 (thirty nine) seasons now, the important thing is not to drive fast, its to read and understand simple rules. You wont do good in any other series if you arent fast or predictable. New drivers in VEC or VLMC wont last long as obviously we have eyes on them. Why would you push 110% when its basically "show us you can read" pushing to hard will just end up in tears as people dont know each other. So if you dont see the point, i dont see why you signed up in the first place though.

Thinking about it again, you are right. I misinterpreted posts by other drivers, who were probably just driving a tad more conservatively than I did. I am not trying to cause any issue and you obviously have much more experience in the different types of drivers and attitudes at the leagues and the academy. I did not watch the replays, so I should not judge anyone's attitude on track, based on a forum post.

Well Rinaldo, hope you don't mean me by your comment, I did finish pretty well in both races :)

Sorry for doing you and the others wrong, I was quicker at typing than to think my post through...

Thank you Jimmi for the great sessions. Was impressed with most of the driving. for almost 40 guys who have never been together driving, I was expecting worse than that. Sorry about the flashing lights in the pit lane, forgot to change that before joining the server.

@David Delasalle Great clean battle at Interlagos, thank you for that. Congrats to everyone and I hope to see you on the track.

Yes it was really fun :) And at Silverstone too, even if it was a little more shorter :)

Thanks to Jimmi for the organisation :)

Sorry for being so late, but I was traveling...

Just wanted to leave my feedback:

My first race went WAY better than I was expecting, despite haven't driven an LMP for almost 5 years now (gosh I am old :(). I wanted to stay safe and clean so I wasn't pushing tremendously. After the first Code 80, with Jimmi saying on the "next one be more careful", I was expecting another Code 80 to use for Pitting... Unfortunately, this never came so I missed my window for tyres and so I had to suck it and go to tyre reservation mode to finish on a single set of softs :eek: something that I am sure no one did cause I passed 10 cars from last place that way and I was close on the ones ahead of me... Of course, I had to struggle for the last 20 mins having one scary off after T1 where the car snapped on me losing 2 positions but finished a strong 13th in what seemed to be a lost race! :D I tried to be respectful and NOT destroy some of the GT battles at the end of the race since I do respect A LOT GT drivers (since I am one) and I would be a hypocrite swearing at the LMP drivers and not respecting the GTs myself especially since gaps were very big at the end for my position so I had nothing to gain.

My second race was compromised with me making a mistake in Qualifying and missing on a good lap to be around 15th... Anyway, same deal here as well stayed behind and played it clean not doing something very erratic. However, I must say I DID see some VERY weird maneuvers from LMP3 cars and being very aggressive that scared the shit out of me :eek: and let them by losing my close following to @Ben Gossler and @Philip Redman. As I was coming back up, after being passed by an LMP3 on T1 after close following it, I lost downforce at the exit of T3 and the car headed straight to the inside wall (out of pit lane). I tried to save it, but I hit the barrier and locked my brakes and quickly manage to recover the car facing the right direction and moving... Probably most of you knew then that there was a slow Porsche with suspension damage crawling to the Pits... that was me!!! :love: I tried my best to keep it steady, predictable and off the racing line going into the grass for some blind corners even. Seems it worked since there were no accidents and from then on it was just running to the finish. I had interesting interactions with @Ibraheem Khan, who I think was lagging A LOT and the car was dissapearing and reappearing a lot and with @Christopher Ciaccia, who I think saw him overtake me AT LEAST 3 times for position although he was an LMP3 car o_O

Other than that thank you very much to @Jimmi Allison for giving the people in non-European timezone a chance to get re-licensed after a long absense and hopefully see you guys next year in VLMS (probably)!

Status
Not open for further replies.