What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

S37 - R1 - Silverstone

Hey Guys,
I seemed to be having some issues with my rF2. I couldn't see anybody else's cars on my screen. I had to quit the game because it wasn't working properly. I tried an offline race and that worked fine, I'm re-installing it now. Does this mean that I have to wait until S38?

I suggest you check your Internet connection and see this post on Network Setttings: Network settings

You could also make sure your game is optimized, see here: rFactor 2 game optimization
Especially Risto's post at the end.

You can then go online on the practice server during this week to make sure you are getting a good connection - press 2 key to see your ping to the server (and back).

Then (if allowed) use the race next week to see if you fixed the issue you were having.

But yes, since you didn't finish the race, you will have to join SRCA again to get a license. But that's the point, better to find out issues now instead of at the start of the 24 Hours of Le Mans.

P.S. And don't forget this rule:
9. Chat
Drivers are not allowed to use in-car text chat during Qualifying or Race sessions for any reason, including “Sorry”, “Pit in” and “Pit out”.

I suggest you check your Internet connection and see this post on Network Setttings: Network settings

You could also make sure your game is optimized, see here: rFactor 2 game optimization
Especially Risto's post at the end.

You can then go online on the practice server during this week to make sure you are getting a good connection - press 2 key to see your ping to the server (and back).

Then (if allowed) use the race next week to see if you fixed the issue you were having.

But yes, since you didn't finish the race, you will have to join SRCA again to get a license. But that's the point, better to find out issues now instead of at the start of the 24 Hours of Le Mans.

P.S. And don't forget this rule:
9. Chat
Drivers are not allowed to use in-car text chat during Qualifying or Race sessions for any reason, including “Sorry”, “Pit in” and “Pit out”.
Hey Bill,

Thanks for the advice and I apologise for using the in-car chat! Full of frustration that was all.

Edit: I'll use next week's race to ensure the issues are no longer apparent and then jump bback in for the next season hopefully.

Last edited:
In order to be eligible for License 4 drivers HAVE TO FINISH both races. If you can't back both races don't sign up.
Sounds like you quit the race. I have not reviewed anything - but we do not take chatting lightly - this annoys other drivers more than it means you can contact administration.
Use teamspeak for this.

Sounds like you quit the race. I have not reviewed anything - but we do not take chatting lightly - this annoys other drivers more than it means you can contact administration.
Use teamspeak for this.
Hey Jimmi, I had to quit the race because I couldn't see anybody else on the grid. Only car visible was my own. I won't use the chat in future races, apologies.

Edit: I spoke to Carlos on Teampseak after my issue occurred.

Hey Jimmi, I had to quit the race because I couldn't see anybody else on the grid. Only car visible was my own. I won't use the chat in future races, apologies.

Edit: I spoke to Carlos on Teampseak after my issue occurred.
Ok, well that does not help - you didnt finish the race, so we have no data on you - meaning license wont be given to you.

Ok, well that does not help - you didnt finish the race, so we have no data on you - meaning license wont be given to you.
That's fine I understand that, am I still ok to compete in next week's race? At least that way I can check if the issue is still occurring and I've been wanting to race in SRCA for a while now. Then I'll re-enroll in S38 when registration opens again.

That's fine I understand that, am I still ok to compete in next week's race? At least that way I can check if the issue is still occurring and I've been wanting to race in SRCA for a while now. Then I'll re-enroll in S38 when registration opens again.
Yes you are, but there is a few penalties waiting for you ;)

Server replay not uploaded yet to the private forum? If yes, where can I find it? Thanks in advance for the answer.

Server replay not uploaded yet to the private forum? If yes, where can I find it? Thanks in advance for the answer.
No you are right, but its better to get used to using "Resources" on the top.
I just got distracted by all the chat and special characters i had to remove from the result file before it was working, so even though replays were uploaded i just forgot to add it to Resources.
Now its there.

Hey, I just wanted to explain my apparent chatting during the race. This wasn't me typing into rf2, I had rf2 vr window minimised but it doesn't give up focus. As I typed into discord, (during a long repair) it also got typed to rf2. Worse, hitting spacebar in discord canceled the repair in rf2. This wasn't the only blunder I made during this race, but this one really had no intent.

Hey, I just wanted to explain my apparent chatting during the race. This wasn't me typing into rf2, I had rf2 vr window minimised but it doesn't give up focus. As I typed into discord, (during a long repair) it also got typed to rf2. Worse, hitting spacebar in discord canceled the repair in rf2. This wasn't the only blunder I made during this race, but this one really had no intent.

Haha, as I first started reading your post, I thought you were going to blame it on your kid or something. :)

FYI, your chat popped up just as I was coming to the Village turn and I missed my braking point and went off the track. Fortunately, no harm done.

I guess I should learn to focus more, since those messages also pop up when someone exits the race.