What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

S35 - R2 - Interlagos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Admins,
I understand and appreciate that your decisions are final and binding, I would like to however point out, I did two pit stops and received an infringement on each pit stop for some reason.
I have viewed the replay and I cannot find any other incident of pit lane infringements.
The 2 X DT I received from the last event puzzles me. I am unable to determine where I was at fault.
Perhaps you would be so kind as to point me in the right direction.

Thanks

If you have pitblend violations i would look at the pit blend line, thats where you get the penalties under "pitblend line violations"

Thats my point I cannot find any violations on the replay other than when it pitted. ??
So your point is you cant find any other violations other than when you pitted? But the incident report CLEARLY says its PITBLEND VIOLATIONS - so does this not make sense already for you? are you allowed to cross or touch these lines??!??
I think its relativly easy
- You got 2 DT for pitblend violations - this means you violated a rule. If you have read and understood the rules its quite simple to find the spots in the replay ;)

Anyways, best way to learn is read the rules and read the IRR and then have a look. Decissions and IRR is final and discussing these in details is not going to happen.

Hi. Jimmy,
Is it possible to publish the Results on SRCA Season 35 race 2.
I ran thru the replays and could not find a PITBLEND VIOLATIONS, other than on my pit windows, which is what I am trying to explain. I am not expecting special treatment with regard the results.

Regards

Hi. Jimmy,
I ran thru the replays and could not find a PITBLEND VIOLATIONS, other than on my pit windows, which is what I am trying to explain. I am not expecting special treatment with regard the results.

Regards
Yes as soon as i have made it through the stuff i need to do, its on my to do list a few items down, wont be too long

Hi. Jimmy,

Regards
So you touched the pit blend line while entering or leaving the pits? If so, you have your reason for the penalties (and the not granted license).
8. Pit Entry and Exit
Drivers must exit and enter the pits at a safe speed relative to other cars in or near the pits.
8.2 Drivers entering and exiting the pits must not touch the blend lines.
8.3 Drivers on track are not allowed to use the pit blend lane as part of the official racing surface.
8.4 Drivers in pit lane must adhere to pit lane speed limits at all times in all sessions (Practice, Qualifying, Warm-up and Race) of an official race event and any time they are on an official SRC hosted Server.

I have done so many races in so many games and communities. I always read and try to obbey the rules, but isn´t it human to make mistakes? And does it immediately mean that he didn´t understand the rules? Or doesn´t have the ´craft´?
I did an 8 hours race with rFactor2 on the same track and it was deemed more safely to not use the blend lines in order to reduces speed differences between the cars, hence the reason why I ´forgot´ to obbey to this rule during SRCA. Its just a shame, to know that I didnt become a better driver because I got the penalty now.

Its like, when driving into the pits and somebody has the speed of 80kph 100 meters before the pitline and somebody crosses the line seeking the limit and hits 80 1 meter after the line. Aren´t drivers seeking the limits?
Its like, when Jeroen Bleekemolen is participating in all the series he does (blancpain, imsa creventic and so on) and he forgot he was not allowed to spin up the tyres during the series he´s currently running. Does that make him a less good driver than the guys that ´only´ run in the same series?

I understand there are limits and it´s easy to enforce rules black&white. But especially with this one, after the fact, without pre-briefing, without the game enforcing the rule for example during practise, it´s a hard one to swallow. Especially cause it doesnt make me a better driver.

I have done so many races in so many games and communities. I always read and try to obbey the rules, but isn´t it human to make mistakes? And does it immediately mean that he didn´t understand the rules? Or doesn´t have the ´craft´?
I did an 8 hours race with rFactor2 on the same track and it was deemed more safely to not use the blend lines in order to reduces speed differences between the cars, hence the reason why I ´forgot´ to obbey to this rule during SRCA. Its just a shame, to know that I didnt become a better driver because I got the penalty now.

Its like, when driving into the pits and somebody has the speed of 80kph 100 meters before the pitline and somebody crosses the line seeking the limit and hits 80 1 meter after the line. Aren´t drivers seeking the limits?
Its like, when Jeroen Bleekemolen is participating in all the series he does (blancpain, imsa creventic and so on) and he forgot he was not allowed to spin up the tyres during the series he´s currently running. Does that make him a less good driver than the guys that ´only´ run in the same series?

I understand there are limits and it´s easy to enforce rules black&white. But especially with this one, after the fact, without pre-briefing, without the game enforcing the rule for example during practise, it´s a hard one to swallow. Especially cause it doesnt make me a better driver.
I think we´ve made it perfectly clear that we dont care about speed or drivers finding their limits in the academy. We are looking for drivers who can read and understand rules. If you make a mistake fine, but the problem is with 2-3-4-5-6-7 "mistakes"
If the game would dictate everything, we wouldnt need rules would we.

Does that make him a less good driver than the guys that ´only´ run in the same series?
How can you compare this to a penalty, did you make wheel spin and did you get a penalty for that? different series different rules, you are not allowed to speed under C80 - black and white, you are not allowed to crash into others black and white, you are not allowed to cross the pitblend line - again black and white. Follow the rules, SRCA is the first stepping stone, it wont become any easier in the series above.

That's the point I want to make, it's easy to see those things black&white. And what else is there to do than accept, cause it´s in the rules, so you are right.
And I understand that the academy is not about looking for speed or limits.
However, how do you guys learn more about somebody... when he is driving like a zombie/robot at 75% obbeying all rules, or when you see somebody trying 95% and getting himself in more difficult situations and still managing them without incidents. Cause be honest, in the end this is how he will race in the series above.
Ofcourse, if people from series above get there license taken away when crossing/touching a blend lines 2x, there would be consistency, but I hope that is not the case ;-).
The wheelspin is just one of the examples there are between different series and even professionel drivers make those mistakes (more than once).
I can write more about black&white, for example last race the last C80 the volume was lower than normal and I can imagine people broke the rule cause they didn´t hear it (suddenly its a grey area) and so on, but you wont be interested in reading that ;-).
I´ll have to settle for the next one and guess prove I can read better than I can drive.

As for the next one, my ´sad´ reaction to your post of not having any scheduelle up for the next ones, is because I need to plan about 2 months ahead due to irregular work scheduelle. I was just very lucky I was able to join the last one, even luckier as a reserve.... and thus more gutted to not make the cut ;-)

They dont get their licenses taken away for touching the blend lines twice or 4 times etc, they get penalized. The reason for SRCA is for people to learn to read the rules!! as simple as that.
Have we taken away licenses in the past, yes and will this become more now - i kinda have a feeling reading through these last few races in SRCA.
Now once we have the schedule we will post it, we are setting a schedule when we can - we usually do what we can to make sure we post it in time and when other people can, but sometimes you need to understand there is more too it than just doing a schedule. Now this is off topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.