What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

S35 - R1 - Silverstone

Status
Not open for further replies.
I´m so sorry, I find it absolutely impossible to race today, too many problems, first with the VR, then the pedals, restart after restart I have been getting everything to work until I have been able to join the server, even with the bad luck that without realizing it I did not modify the pilot name in rfactor 2 since I did a clean installation and the server sent me a message saying that I would not get the license, when leaving the game to change the name the wifi fails, so I leave it for today I am very very pissed off

I´m so sorry, I find it absolutely impossible to race today, too many problems, first with the VR, then the pedals, restart after restart I have been getting everything to work until I have been able to join the server, even with the bad luck that without realizing it I did not modify the pilot name in rfactor 2 since I did a clean installation and the server sent me a message saying that I would not get the license, when leaving the game to change the name the wifi fails, so I leave it for today I am very very pissed off
WiFi...
Sometimes you guys amazes me in good but also bad ways

1.1.1 WIFI and GSM/3G/4G connections are known to cause extremely high ping and lag – do not use these types of connections.

I can't attend tonight because of a brake pedal problem (I guess a sensor problem). It's stuttering, and cleaning the stuff doesn't solve it. My apologies.

Guys i'm terribly sorry, today was a disgrace a race for me. It started with a pop up flashing in my face, after that everything in teamspeak went dead silent and on top of all my force feedback went. I know I have probably lost my license and this all is extremely frustrating because the race was going so well and this is something that happened out of my control.
I apologize if anyone has had consequences of the fact that I was standing still, I don't even know where I stood.

Wish you all the best on track
Mathias

Would have been nice to know earlier than less than an hour before race time. I have to take off work to be able to race. I hope someone got my spot.
When will the next Academy sign up begin. I have been invited to participate on a VEC team but I need the license first. Hopefully there will be another Academy series before the VEC season begins.

Would have been nice to know earlier than less than an hour before race time. I have to take off work to be able to race. I hope someone got my spot.
When will the next Academy sign up begin. I have been invited to participate on a VEC team but I need the license first. Hopefully there will be another Academy series before the VEC season begins.
We ask for drivers to check schedule, we ask drivers to sign up if they can participate. We ask them to let us know 24 hours ahead of the race, we cant really do much more.
This sign up took 35 mins, so you could have been faster and have a spot and not be a reserve, so just saying it could have been avoided in more ways than one.

Guys,

As the GT3 winner, i have to say, LMP's were crazy. Every second car is divebombing, not caring about rules. I won't let you pass in situation where the rules protecting me.
Also, there were some great fights with small incidents, i really liked it.

Thanks for the race.
Regards,
Andreas

Results and replays posted.

But guys - this chat during the race has to stop - there is NO excuse to do that, read the rules! - qualifying means NOTHING, you are racing in SRCA to show us race craft, not how good you are at complaining.
I understand that in a competitive race if grid is not correct, but in srca... not that much. However we solved it and no chat after that, so thats good.

We ask for drivers to check schedule, we ask drivers to sign up if they can participate. We ask them to let us know 24 hours ahead of the race, we cant really do much more.
This sign up took 35 mins, so you could have been faster and have a spot and not be a reserve, so just saying it could have been avoided in more ways than one.
The real question is when is the next Academy season?

in foto attached it's visible how i was slow before line, i pressed pit limiter, but when i accelerate speed goes over! :( unfortunately i press button twice..?! ufff.

Attachments

• pit-stop.jpg
    pit-stop.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 38
Hello, in the race yesterday I had to do 3 stop and go to put the limiter before the second line of entry to pit lane. I was testing pit lane entry several times in the practice session and I was not penalized for putting it before the second line.
In the end I understood that it was not the right place.
I would like to know if it is a common error or I may have a problem in some type of file or something to avoid it in the future.
Thank you

I was testing pit lane entry several times in the practice session and I was not penalized for putting it before the second line.

If I'm not mistaken you only get the penalty when you exit the pits. So if you enter the pits, go back to the monitor and then come back on track, you will not get the penalty.

Ok, thank you very much for the clarification if it is true that in the practice session return to the monitor

Yes, when your testing pit entry and pit lane speeds, you need to exit pit lane to determine if you got a penalty or not.

I learned where the line was, by looking at this green tool icon. If you enter the pit without requesting, this green tool icon appears when driving exactly over the pit entry line (to my knowledge). At least it was at Silverstone. Luckily other tracks have clear traffic lights at entry as well

Status
Not open for further replies.