What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

S3/R3 Suzuka Circuit - Night race

This was quite a bad race for me. although I didn't make too many mistakes albeit in the end a pretty boring race, that could have been quite interesting I was on pace with some top position people.
Sorry for who I hit at the first corner, I thought you knew I was there as we had been side for the whole strait and the first half of the corner, but it happens in racing.

Anyway I hope the admins take into consideration all the good and safe passes I have managed to pull off in the rest of the season as well as this race against people a lap ahead. But anyhow I look forward to racing against all of you again soon.

and thank you to the admins for putting together this series in a very organised way and to the broadcasters for making the series known and something for me to listen too when I'm behind.

P10, pretty good for me. I had some pace to show to my rivals, but I struggled a lot with the FPS in the early stages (FIFTEEN EFFING FPS) even though I play with minimal graphical settings. I hope that DX11 fixes this nonsense. After a couple of mistakes I dropped into P16, but I managed to make consistent lap times and not mess it up. In the end I couldn't reach @Bjorn Golda... that pace was insane.

I hope I have pleased the gods with my racing.

Quick summary:

In qualifying the car felt really good and i was going faster but had a technical issue, and by the time i got back into the server it was too late to do another lap. It was a tough one in the race tonight as this was on the back of this incredibly intense race last night for me and i was not at 100% sharpness really. So, getting top 6 was fine, and getting two top 6's from both races i could attend is ok for me as i this car doesn't really agree with me and i am still racking up knowledge with rf2. I have gotten the FFB the way i like it, just need to sort out the braking issues now...

Thanks to the organisers/stewards/broadcasters/etc for their efforts, i know firsthand what hard work organising leagues is and i can see a lot of thought and effort has been put into this site.

See you next time i'm on track here, wherever that may be.

PS - random question, is there any reason why my 'rating' (shown in the results) is not accumulating on top of previous scores? Not that it really matters but it would be nice to build it for my own personal satisfaction :p

Last edited:
Also, apologies to Gazulla. When you went off and rejoined you went straight to the racing line, so I went to the inside for some space and I put a wheel on the grass and the car just slid, nothing I could do but redress it.

Tough one for me. Practice I finally was getting times down after watching the fast guys on track in car and learning. Suzuka is never a good track for me. Mind you I had improved my times to very low 2.17s after some setup tweaks as the current one I had worked on just wasn't working in the practice sessions or qualy. Maybe because it was setup up for the night race who knows. My race was boring really, I guess highlight was getting a good pass in the opening laps into turn 1. Fernando Ferreira went wide going into the corner and left a gap and we both braked late but I got by him only to go wide a few corners later to allow him to get a run on me and repass. The drive through penalty stung me as I was keeping pace with 14, 15th and 16 places. After that it was just a case of keeping it on track give the leaders room as no way could make any ground up. Apart from going into the wall at the hairpin and a few times drifting off line it weren't bad really.

Alex, I can see the same situation also with Martin Prokes, so I really have no clue why someone s rating does accumulate and next one starts always with zero points. I hope @Jimmi Allison will see this and know solution or ask at his secret places where any question can be answered ;).

Note to self: practice pit entry more than once and be sure to know when speed limit comes into force.

So i was in about 14th when I decided to pit real early in an attempt to get into some free air which would hopefully pay dividends down the line. Great plan, s#!t execution! I was braking for the green light, upon pit exit I got a stop/go for speeding in the pit lane. So I pitted for my penalty and still managed to get a drive-through penalty for again speeding In the Pit Lane! (the red box/arrow come at you quicker than you realise btw)So into the pits for a third time this time taking it very slowly in order to not get another infringement.
Picked up a flat spot early on which gave me tremendous vibrations during the race. That was it really, had a very lonely race from then on in.

Well done to all S3 competitors, and to everyone who makes SRC and is academy work very well.

Alex, I can see the same situation also with Martin Prokes, so I really have no clue why someone s rating does accumulate and next one starts always with zero points. I hope @Jimmi Allison will see this and know solution or ask at his secret places where any question can be answered ;).
No idea tbh.
I dont know liveracers well enough to answer, but i can investigate.

but I struggled a lot with the FPS in the early stages (FIFTEEN EFFING FPS) even though I play with minimal graphical settings. I hope that DX11 fixes this nonsense.

I had the same problem almost throughout the entire race, especially after 130R and the chicane therefor I missed the chicane 3 times really difficult to drive in those conditions.

But anyway........

P11 started from P15

I am by far not the quickest driver of the pack but in normal circumstances I drive clean laps hardly any mistakes, but due to the frame drops it was a very difficult race for me three misses at the chicane, uphill through S curves and Dunlop and Degner it was terrible to ceep my eyes on the track and the first 15 laps were so close behind other cars it was hard work :)

Because it was so close the first part of the race there was a little bit of rubbing and pushing, but in a fair way.
Slowely I gained some places dispite the massif framedrops from P15 up to P10 and after the pitstops P11, my pace was "fast" enough to catch Aitor, but my only two selfmade mistackes in Spoon retained me from catching him and dropped me back 10 seconds ........P11 but a lot of fun and hard work.

I heard the commentators saying: "pitstop only fuel no tyres change" were there any cars who had only fuel and no tyre change during pitstop?

I find it so difficult to make a setup in general, but a decent set up for the Nissan is so hard to make, the default setup for the Nissan is "understeered" I can make it a bit better by softening the dampers softening ant-roll bar, the movement of the car from left to right I try to change that by increasing the fast bumps everything with little steps.
This results in a setup wich (I think) high degradation at the front, i always need to change the front tyres and never the back, how do I make this "even"?

Regards,

Erwin

Same Erwin. After 130R up until pit entry I had mini freezes and black screens.

I didn't change tyres at pit stop. My front right was nearly at 40% by end of race. Still very driveable.

Thanks Simon for your quick reply, if I watch the replay I see my lines are clean and others go wide and struggle but still I had to change my front tyres, do i have to much camber ? or to little camber ? This time I had -1.9'at the front and -1.0 at the back, @ Croft I had -2.9 at the front and -1.9 at the back due to the layout of the track.

Edit:
@Croft I had much more degredation at the front, thats why I used less camber

I'm not so great with car set up Erwin. I just try and concentrate on protecting tyres by reducing sliding into or out of corners and avoiding locking up. Also beneficial to use throttle to turn out of corner thus transferring weight to rear tyres and protecting the fronts more.

Of course, only my theory and I didn't execute it too well last night!

As I said I was going to double stint and had 80% tyre wear after an hour of driving. I took tyres by accident. But yeah I feel like pretty much every race you should be able to double stint. Most fast guys did I imagine except Bergie.

No one should have had to change tyres at all in any race imo. Unless you had a very serious understeer problem, brake locking is what would have caused extreme tyre wear. I ran low brake pressures with very rearward bias to deal with this (never had brake locking problems at all) as i'm sure others did as well. In both rounds i believe i could have easily done another 45-60mins on the tyres i raced on. Fronts were about 7-8% more worn than the rear, this is somewhat unavoidable without extreme setups and driving styles, you just deal with it. I never really messed with camber much due to lack of testing time and using diff/wing/brakes to balance the car worked well enough anyway.

FWIW here's my setups from Croft and Suzuka although i don't know how much use they'll be of anyone else given what wheel i use (G27) and what i was trying to achieve with the setup. In this series i just made the car easy to drive rather than searching for maximum pace. For qualifying i just took the fuel out, added a little rear wing and moved the brake bias forwards a few % and (at Suzuka anyway) it definitely worked nicely.

FWIW here's my setups from Croft and Suzuka although i don't know how much use they'll be of anyone else given what wheel i use (G27) and what i was trying to achieve with the setup. In this series i just made the car easy to drive rather than searching for maximum pace. For qualifying i just took the fuel out, added a little rear wing and moved the brake bias forwards a few % and (at Suzuka anyway) it definitely worked nicely.

Thanks Alex for your reply, but in the end, I must do something wrong, and I would like to now what, and learn from it so I can make a decent/stable/ setup for my self .
I see you have a lot of camber in front and rear -3.1 and -2.4.
Front and rear spring detached

As a note, in the first race I was using 200 'wheel range' and I wore the tyres quite quickly. By round three, I was using 612 which is natural for these cars and I had extremely good tyre wear, so it also depends a lot on your equipment settings, not just car settings.

As I always type... What a race!!
Work hard on the setup to achieve the balance in the car. Competitive but comfortable. Starting P14 on the grid looking forward for top 10. A bit lazy start for me but step by step I got my real pace and into the fight with the group in front of me. Strategy was a big part in Suzuka because I decided to delay my pit stop until last 30-35 minutes. Everything was going according to the plan, forgetting about a couple of incidents (in which I could have done something more to avoid them but I was focused on the front and not on Curs o radar.)
Finally I stopped and all went easy by changing only my front tyres and refueling. With 10 minutes left I realized I asked for wet tyres insted of dry tyres, so I was racing for 30´ with wet tyres and they were doing well.
I hope see you guys in S4 or maybe in other championships.

[QUOTE="
This results in a setup wich (I think) high degradation at the front, i always need to change the front tyres and never the back, how do I make this "even"?

Regards,

Erwin[/QUOTE]

hi erwin,

i have same problems with front tyre wear is extrem, if i drive like i do in GTR2, rf1, AC, raceroom and so on...
i did change in 1st race (2nd race i had DNF) and in this race too, only the front tyres, as the rear tyres have nearly no tyre wear.
i had around 30-40% in right front tyre (the most bad tyre) in pitstop and around 30% left in end of race in this tyre, i could do save more, but i did start the race with 65l only and so it do not matter if the tyre have 60% or 30% left in pitstop time (and raceend).
i think i would be able to make this race without change tyres, but then i had been in 2.14.-2.15 racepace and i am not sure, if i would have done with this slow laptimes P2 too, so i had more fun and pushed harder in this race.
in rf2 it is difficulty for me to concentrate in drive correct (smooth? perhaps is name, not sure) for save front tyres.
my goal is always to survive 60min. with 1 set of medium tyres, as usualy 1hour is the fuelmaximum in GT cars (orginal URD cars).

problem is, always after i drive GTR2, rf1 or raceroom game, then it is hard to drive clean (smooth) in rf2, as in the other racegame the brakeloocking? is not so much simulated and push push is the way to go in other racegames, concentrate more in rf2 i think is the main key for become used to this front tyre wear problem (but i like GTR2 still so much, haha).

about the race,
i did a fantastic quali, which i was 0.1 sec. or under 0.1 sec. behind the pole man sousa, no idea how i did this fast laptime, i was in 2.15.middle (racepace) in my practise in server before the race, so good improve.

as usual i did sleeping in first laps (but this time i had screen problems in night, perhaps low FPS, but think not, but in first laps it was similar to this, very bad to drive), then i was behind toni and did pushed little harder, as my tyres was very very good after first laps and i was on a front tyre strategy with starting with 65l only, i did not realy try to overtake him, as i know after my pitstop i will be much behind him and in end i can not fight for P2 against him with my longer pitstop, but then he had a disco and i was in p2.
in pitstop i did miss my pitcrew and i had to drive backwards and loose any time (not sure, but i think 5-6 sec. minimum),
so it was close with the P3(now P2) car, as this car was on a later no tyre change strategy, but lucky this car come 2sec. behind me out of pitbox,
so in end i was P2 and happy.

congrats to sousa for dominant win and all other finisher too,
sorry for toni for his disco, save P2 you would had.

and thanks to the people which did make this arcademy season, very much professionell all is in this forum.

hope i get the license and i can start to make supergt300 car next season.

servus

I had to change tyres as well but only the fronts which looking at it now was maybe how my car was setup. Before it was understeery and after tweaking it was a bit oversteery but it could turn in much better but with the lose of the front sliding around and tyre wear. I adjusted the brake bias a lot when the car got a bit nervous under braking at the hairpin. I didn't adjust it sooner after the pitstop when I went off. I got away with a bit of bodywork damage on that.