What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

S3/R2 Croft Circuit

As I wrote, I thought those cars were stationary therefore I thought I got another disconnection. I kept going thinking the connection might come back, trying to lose as little time as possible. Again, I'm sorry that it looked way worse than what it really was, I didn't mean to gain any advantage by continuing at full pace.

EDIT: I was reffering to Enzo's previous post directed at me and Jose

Last edited:
Toni, we consider all objective and subjective circumstances and what caused that some driver made a mistake, so be sure we will keep in mind your disconnection from previous race and how it looks like in driver s eyes, just before you get kick from server because internet problems.

If I hadn't of been on chat with friends I would not of known about the code80/60. I thought one of them were counting down from 5 which was the first thing i heard :/
Surely on a track with 60kmh speed limit just call a code 60 to stop confusion?
Is the whisper chat reliable because when it was being tested before the race I heard nothing. The first wisper I heard was to say single file.

Yeah, @Enzo Fazzi, the two cars I came across going slowly were at Jim Clarl esses, so I assumed they had an incident there and were coming back onto the track. When I catched up with the next group of cars I figured out we were in a code 80 and slowed. The fact that the teamspeak as muted in my Windows mixer is entirely my fault, when I realized I couldn't hear the Teamspeak I retired, so as to not be a danger to everyone else. Won't happen again ;)

Yeah, @Enzo Fazzi, the two cars I came across going slowly were at Jim Clarl esses, so I assumed they had an incident there and were coming back onto the track. When I catched up with the next group of cars I figured out we were in a code 80 and slowed. The fact that the teamspeak as muted in my Windows mixer is entirely my fault, when I realized I couldn't hear the Teamspeak I retired, so as to not be a danger to everyone else. Won't happen again ;)
That was me and i think Mike Greatrix doing a code 80. There was i think 2 more cars rattled passed me at full chat..i was like what the hell!!!

Pretty pleased with how this race went. It was literally my first race in RF2. So i had a simple goal not to have any major drama, just finish without big mistakes, do the pitstop correctly, etc, and i managed that fine.

I did all my (limited) practice on wet/damp track and this probably hindered me in qualifying. Early in the race i was just feeling everything out, managing tyre wear, and seeing how it was driving in heavy traffic. Made up some spots during the mass of penalties then found myself behind Chalot. I did make one tiny mistake, losing 3s and a position to Prokes. I was then behind these guys for quite a while. Prokes pitted sometime around halfway so i decided then to go on the attack and try to get position and some clear track at last, and so put some pressure on Chalot. He ran wide a few laps later which gave me a chance going into Tower bend, so i took it. After this it was quite a lonely race, and just drove til the end without drama.

This was quite an easy race really, as i was only driving at around 95% for most of the time. Perhaps i should have been more aggressive as i could probably have done another 45-60mins on those tyres. I still need to get my FFB as i would like it and also get to grips with braking in this game a little better so i think i can make some gains there for the next race. I guess the question for Suzuka is whether being more aggressive and quick or doing another safe race is the best way to go for L4?

Last edited:
I'm on a clean install of Windows and TeamSpeak somehow switched to the wrong speaker setting after working a day prior.

Honestly think there should always be a test regardless of what the circumstance is. It may work on the admin's end, but you're racing with 30 people or more in one of the more popular series here, and the test is for them also.

It's a bit strange to put so much emphasis on the system then not test it prior to a race. I heard absolutely nothing for the entire race, I just know the rules and when the car in front of me slowed down in an unnatrual location, I just reacted and did the same.

Of course I think the system is a good idea and quite a nice feature to have, but it only works if all the drivers are being fed the information from race control.

Usualy when something works for 20 people and only 2 or 3 suffer some problems, then responsible is not on admins side. We also can not check if every racer did everything right according his soft/hardware for safe race, I even dare to say, it is up to every driver himself.

It wasn't tested in the first place though, so we couldn't say if it worked for the other 20 people or not. That's all I'm saying. :D That simple "testing, testing" message we had in the first round before qually would have worked wonders, I'm sure.

Quick recap of my race..

As far as academy races go, my race was pretty much text book. Had an entertaining 5 way battle for the majority of my 1st stint. Pitted for fuel only and had a steady drive round to bring her home 6th.

Was the 1st time I drove at this circuit and it was very enjoyable!
Great broadcast too, nice to be live on YouTube!

Let me just make this clear.

It is up to the drivers to make sure their settings are correct, does this require admins to do test. No, if their whisper button works (which it clearly did for the majority of people) then fault is on drivers.
Does this make an impact on licenses, erm i certantly hope so.

People will mess up even if there is a test, trust me - if you dont, review the upcoming Stewards IRR in VEC, you´ll see some people getting penalties ;)

But obviously it would be recommended to make sure everything works, perhaps drivers should approach admins on raceday and ask for a test. For VLMS it was tested, and still people didnt hear things - stuff like this happens when we trust other people online - not everyone can read, understand and aknowledge rules.

Some drivers did ask for a test -- it was refused.

Anyway, it didn't bother me any. It just seemed strange to have one then not to have one. Oh well. :D

Server replay has been uploaded by the way.
We will review all IRR's send in before saturday 20:00 CET.

Send in an IRR via Drivers -> Incident review request -> SRCA