What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

S24 - Race 2 - NOLA GP

1. orange zone is the formation lap plus the first lap.
Overtaking during the formation lap is reviewed, as you of course know, because you read the stewarding post of round 1. We are not the dark overlord who catches every single one of your wrongful thoughts so some overtakes could be missed. But if the place is returned before the start of the race it is not worth including in the post. We are making sure people understand the rules and everyone who overtakes and returns the place clearly understands the rules.

2. Lots of seasons ago we had someone do the pit entry in a Boxcar at racing speed. I will always agree that it is narrow which is what I said in the race briefing (you know that of course because you gave me all your attention during the briefing). But I will always disagree that the GTR hardly fits through there because most GTR drivers are very much capable of entering the pit lane without crossing the line and even a Boxcar is able to do it.
It has never come to the point where a driver was just crossing the line in the faded section of it. If we are in doubt we do not penalize. Interestingly this question is never relevant because people either manage to not cut it or people don't know the pit entry line is there and just drive over it with 4 wheels.

In summary:
It is not necessary to make stupid moves to get into pit lane as proven by countless drivers each SRCA season.
We will not use commitment lines but stick to the actual VEC rules when it comes to SRCA.
We know of the narrow nature of this pit entry lane and therefor warn you in the briefing. In the briefing I literally say: "Do not cut across the pit entry line, it is very narrow, practice it. I am talking about the pit entry line, where you enter the pit lane. You must not cut across there". How can anyone argue that this is in any way unfair or confusing?

Last edited:
Don't worry, I know that I wasn't in the right with the blend line and do not claim I am. I'd be the first one to admit it :p. I had 0 time to practice with this track and car (which I had never driven before) and was still earning the limits of this car in the race. I knew the rule, but didn't think of it when actually pitting in, as I am very used to different leagues where they if they even use blend lines, would not use this pit entry. I was wrong there and do learn from it, thats what the academy is for. Just those questions popped up.

About the start though, I'm still unable to understand how this could have been missed. You'd think the formation would be checked because it is the orange zone as you confirmed that it is. Sure, it could be missed because it was right at the start, but I even commented about it directly after the race in this thread. Yet that was ignored for some reason, as you still didn't look into it.

I just hope that just like me, you can find out what went wrong and try to improve it for next time. The events were done very well though, don't get me wrong on that. Keep up the good work, and I'll see you at the next season.

About the start though, I'm still unable to understand how this could have been missed. You'd think the formation would be checked because it is the orange zone as you confirmed that it is. Sure, it could be missed because it was right at the start, but I even commented about it directly after the race in this thread. Yet that was ignored for some reason, as you still didn't look into it.

Apparently it was missed. We check the formation lap but all the reviews take 2-3h each week depending on the amount of IRRs. We have to come up with ways to do everything quickly and efficiently. We cannot double check or watch the start 5 times to see everything. And even then it could still be missed through human error.
The procedure we use to check this is fine but there is always the human factor.

We read every post in the forum but 2 days later we do the reviews. We won't remember the posts when we do the reviews. Missing this did not make any difference for licenses though