What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

S23 - Race 1 - Indy 2007

Stewards review

Orange Zone:
Cian White overtakes Oguz Yelmen during the formation lap - Drive Through to Cian White

Pit entry and exit blend line violations
IN
-

Out
-

Reported incidents/observed by race control:
Andreas Dippert using text chat during the race - warning
531 Philip Kraus dives down Harry Blank's inside coming into T1. At the exit of T2 Harry is clearly ahead and runs all the way to the outside of the turn causing contact. Philip was not far enough besides Harry at this point. No further action
639 Same situation as the incident above. This time Philip is further up beside Harry at the exit of T3. Harry again runs all the way to the edge of the track not leaving enough room for a car on the outside. He ultimately forces Philip onto the grass where the loses control. He spins into Harry causing Harry to spin. The car overtaking on the outside always risks being run off the road. The car on the inside can, if far enough ahead, run all the way to the outside of the track. However the car on the inside also risks contact by doing this. Harry was fully aware of the position of Philips car and risked running him off the road which he did not have to do. By doing that Harry ultimately caused his own spin. - No further action
972 Nuno Rodrigues runs wide coming into T1. He rejoins dangerously - Warning to Nuno Rodrigues
2467 Francesco Grasso laps Liam Rance on the right coming onto the oval. He then switches to the other side of the track to lap another 370z. By doing that he cuts right in front of Liam who could not have seen nor expected the sudden change in direction. The resulting crash sends both into the wall ending Liam's race. - Drive Through to Francesco Grasso
3700 Coming into T1 Leonardo Albertini attempts to lap Filipe Gordinho on the right. Filipe drives to the right causing contact between both cars. In the resulting crash Alejandro Gonzalez gets hit from behind. Neither Leonardo nor Alejandro used their brakes during the spins. Due to that Alejandro hits another car that was driving in front of him in the braking zone. During a spin drivers have to apply their brakes to prevent further crashes and to ensure that the trajectory of their car remains predictable for traffic around them. Filipe Gordinho will receive a Drive Through for avoidable contact. Alejandro Gonzalez will receive a Drive Through for avoidable contact and failing to lock brakes. Leonardo Albertini will receive a warning for failing to lock brakes.
4100 No incident found
4382 Harry Blanks in the 370z ends up behind Andreas Dippert (lapped 370z) in T8. Between T9 and T10 there is no room to let someone past therefor it is considered 1 corner. Lapped traffic in the same class has 3 corners to let the leaders pass as stated by the rules. Coming into T11 (the 2nd corner according to the blue flag rule) Harry drives on the outside and turns in on Andreas causing contact. While it would have been a perfect opportunity for Andreas to let Harry pass between T10 and T11 he is not required to do so according to the rules. He is free to wait until both cars get onto the start finish straight. However we recommend that lapped traffic lets the leaders pass as soon as practical to avoid misunderstanding and potentially dangerouse situations. Harry cannot just turn in on lapped traffic because he feels like he has the right to the corner because he is one lap ahead. - Warning to Harry Blanks

Penalties for code 80-violations
1st code 80 at 1620.2
-

2nd code 80 at 1825
Patrice Sayettat overtaking during the countdown of the code 80 - Drive Through
Alejandro Gonzalez speeding at the beginning of the code 80 - Drive Through
Juan Angel Perez speeding at the beginning of the code 80 - Drive Through
Gio Dominguez speeding at the beginning of the code 80 - Drive Through

Final summary of penalties
Cian White - Drive Through
Patrice Sayettat - Drive Through
Alejandro Gonzalez - 30 sec stop and hold
Juan Angel Perez - Drive Through
Gio Dominguez - Drive Through
Andreas Dippert - Warning
Nuno Rodrigues - Warning
Filipe Gordinho - Drive Through
Leonardo Albertini - Warning
Harry Blanks - Warning
I didn't hit the brakes ok but I did't hit anybody so how is that punishable? Did I cause the incident?

The point is that this rule is incredibly important here. If you don't lock your brakes it is impossible for anyone around you to anticipate the movement of your car.

We are an endurance league here which means the races are long and there are only few. That's why it is important to always try to have the least amount of drivers involved in a single crash. By not locking brakes you risk more drivers being involved. That's why the rule is there and the rule has no exceptions. It is true at any point during the race.

Given that I punished one of the drivers who was involved in the crash for failing to lock brakes I can hardly let you get away without mentioning.
As you can see it is only a warning, basically a reminder that you should lock your brakes. It is not a penalty and you should not take it as such. Take it as an instruction to lock your brakes during a spin if you are in the middle or close to the track.

The point is that this rule is incredibly important here. If you don't lock your brakes it is impossible for anyone around you to anticipate the movement of your car.

We are an endurance league here which means the races are long and there are only few. That's why it is important to always try to have the least amount of drivers involved in a single crash. By not locking brakes you risk more drivers being involved. That's why the rule is there and the rule has no exceptions. It is true at any point during the race.

Given that I punished one of the drivers who was involved in the crash for failing to lock brakes I can hardly let you get away without mentioning.
As you can see it is only a warning, basically a reminder that you should lock your brakes. It is not a penalty and you should not take it as such. Take it as an instruction to lock your brakes during a spin if you are in the middle or close to the track.
I didn’t notice it between the rules. I shouldn’t even have brought it up. It was my fault and I understood the point of the warning only after you clarified that there was a rule about locking the brakes during an accident. That’s all. Thank you. I hope I’m still running for the license!