What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

S23 - Race 1 - Indy 2007

Matej Lakota

Reaction score
Race Length: 90 Minutes
Simulated Race Time: 14:00 - 15:30

Race schedule:
19:05 - Open practice
19:55 - All cars must be on the server, all racers connected to TeamSpeak (everyone alone in his own channel - CAR NUMBER = CHANNEL NUMBER) and stay there
20:34 - Whisper test
20:35 - 20:50 - Qualifying
20:50 - 20:55 - 5 min break/warmup
20:56 - Final whisper test (optional)
20:57 - Start of formation lap (on pitlimiter - single file, no overlap)
21:00 - Green flag at the red line marked on the track map bellow

Real name mandatory, otherwise you will get black flag in open practice before the race.
Driver has to change nickname after 1st warning when admins notice he is not using real name, otherwise he will be excluded from SRCA league before the first race.

Server:
Flag rules:
Black only

Review the rules before joining the server for the race.
Orange Zone:
In effect through first full race lap

indy-start.jpg

Stewards review

Orange Zone:
Cian White overtakes Oguz Yelmen during the formation lap - Drive Through to Cian White

Pit entry and exit blend line violations
IN
-

Out
-

Reported incidents/observed by race control:
Andreas Dippert using text chat during the race - warning
531 Philip Kraus dives down Harry Blank's inside coming into T1. At the exit of T2 Harry is clearly ahead and runs all the way to the outside of the turn causing contact. Philip was not far enough besides Harry at this point. No further action
639 Same situation as the incident above. This time Philip is further up beside Harry at the exit of T3. Harry again runs all the way to the edge of the track not leaving enough room for a car on the outside. He ultimately forces Philip onto the grass where the loses control. He spins into Harry causing Harry to spin. The car overtaking on the outside always risks being run off the road. The car on the inside can, if far enough ahead, run all the way to the outside of the track. However the car on the inside also risks contact by doing this. Harry was fully aware of the position of Philips car and risked running him off the road which he did not have to do. By doing that Harry ultimately caused his own spin. - No further action
972 Nuno Rodrigues runs wide coming into T1. He rejoins dangerously - Warning to Nuno Rodrigues
2467 Francesco Grasso laps Liam Rance on the right coming onto the oval. He then switches to the other side of the track to lap another 370z. By doing that he cuts right in front of Liam who could not have seen nor expected the sudden change in direction. The resulting crash sends both into the wall ending Liam's race. - Drive Through to Francesco Grasso
3700 Coming into T1 Leonardo Albertini attempts to lap Filipe Gordinho on the right. Filipe drives to the right causing contact between both cars. In the resulting crash Alejandro Gonzalez gets hit from behind. Neither Leonardo nor Alejandro used their brakes during the spins. Due to that Alejandro hits another car that was driving in front of him in the braking zone. During a spin drivers have to apply their brakes to prevent further crashes and to ensure that the trajectory of their car remains predictable for traffic around them. Filipe Gordinho will receive a Drive Through for avoidable contact. Alejandro Gonzalez will receive a Drive Through for avoidable contact and failing to lock brakes. Leonardo Albertini will receive a warning for failing to lock brakes.
4100 No incident found
4382 Harry Blanks in the 370z ends up behind Andreas Dippert (lapped 370z) in T8. Between T9 and T10 there is no room to let someone past therefor it is considered 1 corner. Lapped traffic in the same class has 3 corners to let the leaders pass as stated by the rules. Coming into T11 (the 2nd corner according to the blue flag rule) Harry drives on the outside and turns in on Andreas causing contact. While it would have been a perfect opportunity for Andreas to let Harry pass between T10 and T11 he is not required to do so according to the rules. He is free to wait until both cars get onto the start finish straight. However we recommend that lapped traffic lets the leaders pass as soon as practical to avoid misunderstanding and potentially dangerouse situations. Harry cannot just turn in on lapped traffic because he feels like he has the right to the corner because he is one lap ahead. - Warning to Harry Blanks

Penalties for code 80-violations
1st code 80 at 1620.2
-

2nd code 80 at 1825
Patrice Sayettat overtaking during the countdown of the code 80 - Drive Through
Alejandro Gonzalez speeding at the beginning of the code 80 - Drive Through
Juan Angel Perez speeding at the beginning of the code 80 - Drive Through
Gio Dominguez speeding at the beginning of the code 80 - Drive Through

Final summary of penalties
Cian White - Drive Through
Patrice Sayettat - Drive Through
Alejandro Gonzalez - 30 sec stop and hold
Juan Angel Perez - Drive Through
Gio Dominguez - Drive Through
Andreas Dippert - Warning
Nuno Rodrigues - Warning
Filipe Gordinho - Drive Through
Leonardo Albertini - Warning
Harry Blanks - Warning

Last edited by a moderator:
Matej it is possible to know where the team's Speack team data are, because I would like to give them to my riders who will race the next round.

Hi,
Glad to be here and hope for the license and VEC later on.
I will do all my best for make it on time for qualify tomorrow, so appologise not to be earlier on server and TS (im from Portugal an we are on BST so its less one hour, and as you can imagine, its still work time at the practice hour).
See you tomorrow on track ;-)

Hi,
Glad to be here and hope for the license and VEC later on.
I will do all my best for make it on time for qualify tomorrow, so appologise not to be earlier on server and TS (im from Portugal an we are on BST so its less one hour, and as you can imagine, its still work time at the practice hour).
See you tomorrow on track ;-)

Exactly the same for me (a part that I'm not portuguese), but of course I'll try,
Thank you
F.Grasso

That's no problem as long as you join at any point before the race starts.
If you miss the whisper test though, you should probably increase the volume of teamspeak drastically. After all you will not hear anyone except for me when it's important. So better have teamspeak a little louder to be on the safe side.

rf2 crashed when session changed from practice to qualifying and did the same between quali and warmup and then it wouldn't reconnect.

Pretty gutted, maybe graphics driver related as in Event Viewer I have 'Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.'
and also Errors for rF2 application hang to go with it.

I'm using VR and it's the 1st time this has happened, maybe a change or update of gpu driver will solve it. Any ideas?

rf2 crashed when session changed from practice to qualifying and did the same between quali and warmup and then it wouldn't reconnect.

Pretty gutted, maybe graphics driver related as in Event Viewer I have 'Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.'
and also Errors for rF2 application hang to go with it.

I'm using VR and it's the 1st time this has happened, maybe a change or update of gpu driver will solve it. Any ideas?

@Jimmi Allison @Marcel Offermans

you need the official replay and the timestamp of the incident.
So wait until the replay gets posted

then via the main page -> SRCA -> Submissions -> Incidents

I've updated to the latest nvidia driver. I'll do some testing between now and round 2 next week then attempt to race to see if it's resolved or find out what's causing it.

I'll set trace to run too, didn't have it running earlier tonight unfortunately.