What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

S21 - Race 2 - NOLA

Probably because the server was advanced back to Indianapolis, livetiming shows what the server is on (i advanced it)
I had a similar issue two days ago where I was on the server at NOLA but live timing still displayed Indianapolis times for some reason. Today this seems to be fixed, and I finally get a track map for the first time.

So... can we go as wide as we want in T1,T5 and T6? Game is allowing that but there you can see white lines, so i'm little confused...

So... can we go as wide as we want in T1,T5 and T6? Game is allowing that but there you can see white lines, so i'm little confused...
Track limits are determined by the game. The only thing SRC monitors is pit entrance and exit.

For general information:
Reserves are only filled in before Round 1 because they have no chance to gain license 4 with only 1 race left

I've had problems again ... after 30 minutes of racing, the game was frozen
I leave here the LOG file of the race, in case you can tell me what is happening

Attachments

• trace_2018_08_18_20_11_08-71.txt
    1 MB · Views: 1
Interesting today, I was unable to change tires to wets (assigned command to D pad so I couldn't scroll through menu) so I was sliding about for 40 laps.
I was surprised to see everyone pit before actual race start, is that even allowed?
I had a cuttrack penalty because I had to avoid a diving GT1 and it took 3 pit entries for it to clear which is even odder.

that was an eventful race to say the least! When the rain started my frames immediately dropped to 20-30 fps and made it pretty hard to pass other cars. The pits at the beggining was basically a slideshow for me with all the cars bunched up like that. I exited with some damage, so i dunno if i hit the wall or another car but regardless im sorry for anyone who had to avoid me.
Even still it was very fun racing with Ricci, Marcotte, Geniale and Waymel! GT4s kept to their line great and I had some fun battles with 4th/6th/7th/8th place

GT4s kept to their line? About half of them did, the other half erratically changed lanes and even braked infront of me in the middle of a straight, multiple times. And due to thick spray I had no way of even seeing that, making it impossible to get out of the way. A bit like Schumacher/Coulthard in Spa '98, but actually blocking in the process of it. It's an absolute miracle that nobody crashed into me, and I lapped at about 90% of my potential speed only because otherwise I couldn't get past some of those GT4 because it was quite literally impossible to tell where they went next.

But to be fair, some GT4 actually did a decent job. When I knocked on their door into a turn without actually divebombing, often they just left a car width of space (looked deliberate to me at least) for me to pass. Sometimes they did not, which is their full right so I just didn't go for the actual pass. And yet, still more predictable than this erratic braking on straights, so it still cost me way less time as I found my own way around them without actually hurting their laptimes. Good job everyone who did that, it was a win/win for both of us :cool:

Then there were ridiculous incidents that I won't go into detail about. They will be reported for sure because nobody in VEC or VLMS should ever be allowed to drive like that.

Many people complained about the replay slowmo bug today but nobody had it last week, which suggests that something about this particular event must trigger it. Chris asked me to send him an affected replay to investigate. Anyone who had the same issue feel free to send me a copy of your affected replays and I'll zip them all and send the full collection to him tomorrow night, might be more helpful than just one.

I had no idea it was going to rain during the race. Maybe it was my mistake, I should have checked the weather first. :whistle: :whitles: :whistling:

I tried to do the first lap with slick tyres, just to see how bad it actually was. Perhaps it could be just a small shower and the track would dry quickly - this were my thoughts on the main straight. Two corners later, I realized there was no way I could keep going with slick tyres, so I pitted immediately for wet tyres. Then the real pain started. I have not raced in rainy conditions for a couple of years now, mainly because I have been using Assetto Corsa (as some of you may know, this simulator does not feature rain). So I was quite "rusty" to handle the rain, the spray from the other cars and low visibility, and the overall lack of grip. I tried my best to keep the 370Z on the track, although some times I braked too late and went wide. Hopefully, no issues were caused to anyone who lapped me. It is incredible how the GT1 approach you so quickly. I did the first race in a GT1, but it is different when you are the slower car. I had absolutely no fights for position during the race, pitted a few minutes after half-time, and basically tried to keep going as best as possible to finish the race. I couldn't stop looking at the clock and wondering if the rain would ever end. Code 80 was easy to obey this time, I had plenty of time to slow down and could hear clearly (better than in Indianapolis).

So yeah, two races done. Let's see if that license lands on my doorstep or not. :sneaky: :sneaky:

@Tim Greven : Good question about pitting before the formation lap ended. Although technically, the pit entry marks the end of the formation lap / start of the race. Maybe it was allowed. I did not risk it, though. Only pitted at the end of lap 1. ;)

@Tim Greven : Good question about pitting before the formation lap ended. Although technically, the pit entry marks the end of the formation lap / start of the race. Maybe it was allowed. I did not risk it, though. Only pitted at the end of lap 1. ;)
I was unsure if it was allowed so I just did the lap on slicks as it was still dry enough. I was certainly not wrong as I emerged from my pit stop still leading the race, so the first lap was actually just as fast on slicks. I had the feeling that pretty much everyone got a penalty on the first two laps, but some people who pitted did not so I don't think that was the reason, however I don't recall so many people actually getting penalties last race. Which raises the same question again: Will 95% of the field get a penalty for pitting in the formation lap? That would be hilarious! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Good thing I noticed that rain poured down when the session transitioned from warm up to race. I was able to adjust wing and to wet tires. Race went well and I am pretty happy about it. Lapping GT1 and backmarkers also did well in overtaking/giving space. Good job all!

That weather change was a real sucker punch. No rain in P & Q. Short rain during session transition. No rain at beginning of the race session, and then it begins outta nowhere...fun fact: there was no rain yesterday in Avondale, so yeah "real weather" at work...

In L11 i got T-boned after going wide in T4 and had repairs for 300sec...

In addition to that, two Code80s for whatever reason, and when three cars crash on S/F straight...nothing...just let everybody run through debris while avoiding stationary cars.

Last edited by a moderator: