What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

S21 - Race 1 - Indy 2007

Hey guys,

Last race I encountered suddenly issues with my McLaren GT3 rim, at some parts during the race it suddenly wouldn't upshift and I would be stuck in 2nd gear for example. Everytime I wanted to pit in order to fix some stuff it suddenly went away and had no issues for laps. It only happened 2-3 laps but still sub-ideal. I pulled over to the side and tried not to get in the way of anyone in which I think succeeded when it happened. I switched out the rim now and contacted support so it won't happen next race.

Question to the admins, I encountered these issues and stayed off the racing line checking the mirrors and wanted to pit to sort it out, I believe that is the right way of doing things if I read the rules correctly.

Hi guys :)

Thank you for the race on Saturday. It is my first time racing here and, since this is the Academy, I tried my best to follow the rules and keep things smooth until the very end. Overall, the race was intense, I barely fought for positions within my class, but with all the 370Z and GT-R on track, I was never alone - there was always a car in front or behind. That was good fun! Also, no crashes to report on my side, I went to the grass once, but managed to come out unharmed. Had a bit of an issue at the start, the car in front of me did not move, so I had to overtake him and lost some time to the car in front. Afraid I could not go over 80 km/h, I kept the distance. However, I learned later from my teammates that you can actually catch up to the car in front during formation lap in case things like this happen. Is that correct?

Got a bit surprised by the Code 80 callouts, specially the second one. I was expecting 10 seconds, but in fact, it was much quicker than that. I had to brake relatively hard to be at 80 km/h when the callout ended. That is my only suggestion for future races - try to be a bit more slow with the countdown, especially the "5, 4, 3, 2, 1". :)

Looking forward to Nola and, hopefully, getting my license!

Got a bit surprised by the Code 80 callouts, specially the second one. I was expecting 10 seconds, but in fact, it was much quicker than that. I had to brake relatively hard to be at 80 km/h when the callout ended. That is my only suggestion for future races - try to be a bit more slow with the countdown, especially the "5, 4, 3, 2, 1". :)

I follow a timer while counting
The 10sec include the "No overtaking, code 80 in 10 sec"
saying that costs about 3 sec. So you have 7 once I'm finished. But you have 10 sec from the first sound coming from me to the code 80 and that's the case everytime.

Had a bit of an issue at the start, the car in front of me did not move, so I had to overtake him and lost some time to the car in front.
That would be me...sorry. I stalled the car, as I was a bit too easy on the throttle. :whistle: :whitles: :whistling:
I also noticed that the people in front of me were not closing the gaps, which is allowed!

3.2.4 The Formation lap has to be driven with the pit limiter enabled unless told otherwise by race stewards. Drivers are not allowed to stop or dramatically slow down during the formation lap for no apparent reason. The pit limiter may be deactivated for a brief moment to close the gap to the car in front.

The car in front of me also didn't know at which turn it was OK to accelerate to race speed, so I overtook going onto the oval section

@Florian: ah ok, I thought the 10 seconds start after you say "no overtaking, code 80 in 10 sec". In that case, it is alright. Thank you for the clarification. :) I will know the drill better for next time.

@Michael: no problem with that, I was merely afraid of doing sh*t. :D I was like "Should I overtake him now and keep going? Is this considered legal?" :eek: I think only 2 seconds went by, but it looked like a minute. Specially as the whole field of 370Z were behind me, eager to go. Usually I am fine during starts, but on this one I was a bit afraid of messing things up. So I was extra careful (maybe a tad too much).

Also, that was me not going at full speed straight away. I wanted to be sure I was at the right corner and lost a bit of time trying to sort it. Once I saw you going in my rearview mirror, I also got going. Sorry for the delay there.

So yeah... a nervous start, but other than that, a fine race.:thumbsup: (y)

That was you in front of me then? Allright... I was also pretty nervous, but I think we got through cleanly.

I had like 3 incidents. The first was, when I was side-by-side with a 370. Gave him the inside of the corner but he seemed to be unaware of me. He went full throttle on the apex and clipped into me putting us into the gravel. 2nd bad moment was, when I spun out to the grass and had to let pass a bunch of cars before rejoining. The 3rd was a real brown-pants-moment. I hit some debris on the S/F straight going full speed and was lucky to not crash into the wall or someone else. 155seconds of repair afterwards.

I guess I've been caught both times.

I wasn't able to hear code 80 at the first time - the same issue as was discussed here already. I think I was in the slow corner driving around 81-82 km/h when I actually heard the voice saying "one", so I slowed down to 60 to give up some time as did the guy in front of me.

Second code 80 caught me right in the banking. There's no way I could brake there in time and not spin into the wall because of it - I actually tried something like this before the event. So I decided to do it the safe way as there were no cars in front of me. I hit the brakes as hard as I could after the banking on the straight line.

I ask to give me a chance to drive a perfect clean second race to receive the license as both of these violations were related to unlucky circumstances.

I guess I've been caught both times.

I wasn't able to hear code 80 at the first time - the same issue as was discussed here already. I think I was in the slow corner driving around 81-82 km/h when I actually heard the voice saying "one", so I slowed down to 60 to give up some time as did the guy in front of me.

Second code 80 caught me right in the banking. There's no way I could brake there in time and not spin into the wall because of it - I actually tried something like this before the event. So I decided to do it the safe way as there were no cars in front of me. I hit the brakes as hard as I could after the banking on the straight line.

I ask to give me a chance to drive a perfect clean second race to receive the license as both of these violations were related to unlucky circumstances.

There is no special treatment for any individual. 10 sec is enough time to slow down for any code 80 in any car.

Then please forward my place in NOLA race to the next driver from reserved list in case if someone wants to take part in the event just for fun.

If we run a good old totalitarian regime here, at least consider specifying some regulation clauses for the future to make the process more fair. I'm sorry if I sound rough, but if the administration can't set up all the elements of the server correctly, such as "steward's" overall voice volume, as well as calculating the banking braking distances in advance for such incident prevention, it shouldn't be the driver's problem as the case here is not about doing something wrong which makes it formally not the violation. I don't know about you, but I have seen neither a penalty issued to a driver after a marshal forgot his yellow flag at the office, nor the races where the drivers have to react to the sound from some loudspeaker placed on track instead of seeing the flags. Aren't we racing in virtual reality to have fun in the first place?

Once again forgive me if my words seem harsh, I understand that every individual have to follow the rules of the organization parties. My primary intent is not to criticize but to offer the ways of improvement for everybody's sake.

I understand criticism and I appreciate criticism but I only do when it has been thought through. My voice volume was fine for 32 out of the 38 people. In fact I have seen only 3 violations where it was absolutely clear that they did not hear me. The other code 80 violations were most likely not a result of bad audio but a result of misjudgement.

I have no way to increase my volume on your pc. The sound settings are completely up to you and you did know that there wwould be vital information passed via teamspeak. It is your job to make sure you hear it properly. You were even informed that a different client was going to do the whisper giving you all the information you need to set up teamspeak audio properly.

When we introduced Indy 2007 to SRCA I did in fact check both cars on Indy and their braking distance because I am aware of possible issues. I had to verify and understand these issues in order to provide the quality necessary for SRCA. I did exactly that with the result that the 370z (the car that needs the longest time - not distance - to slow down from top speed) needs 4 seconds or less with slow reaction times to reach 80kph at any point on this track.
I am also fully aware of the characteristics of the banking. You have at least 7 sec time to slow down. Knowing the difficulty of the banking you again had all the information you needed to compensate by slowing down earlier through lifting or applying the brakes very carefully.

Considering these facts I see no world in which I can be made responsible for you not interpreting the information available to you properly and misjudging the situation.

I cannot and will not discuss individual mistakes with any driver because it is clear what the rules require, it is clear that the requirement is realistic and it is also clear when a driver does not meet the requirements.

And of course we are not running a democracy here because democracies with those 40 people in SRCA are ridiculously inefficient.