What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

S20 - Race 4 - Sepang

I do not know what to say very sad anymore. I spent 1000 euros to fix the computer but even today the bad luck has accompanied me. Above all I would be sorry that because of these failures I compromised the race to someone, I really hope not.

@Robert Strachan Man I'm so sorry about that tiny tap in the rear approaching the penultimate corner. We both went in the gravel but I made sure you had gone by again before I escaped. Let me know if you want me to report that incident.

Well, not a bad race despite some milimetric offtracks that got me Stop/Go twice.

I believe this was a very good race for me and leaving aside the standings, I think I got a clean race besides some offtracks. I hope I can compete next season to obtain the license :)

It's been a pleasure to race with you guys!!!

Cheers,

Quite a messy start at the top 5 of the GT4's. Luckily I was keeping distance and was able to pass. Some GT1's where somewhat enthusiastic to overtake on places where it was very unsafe. Overall it was a clean race and we where having some fun at the end for places 21, 22, 23, 24.

Great race yesterday, had some fun and just kept it clean while trying to have a good result.
Thanks to all the drivers for the great races we had, and a big thanks to the admins for giving us such a great
entry way in to endurance racing in such a competitive league!

Yesterday's race started with the fact that I kept getting random freezes of the game after only 5 laps.. That was during practice, qualification and all.. Was about to quit again but thought well let's try the race. I didn't have high hopes again, just like last races where I had the same problems...Felt rather encouraged to say at least.

In the first laps I decided to take it easy and avoid any chaos happening around me. After I got the stop/hold penalty from last race I went for it. Suddenly my race was thrown away by a GTR that made a very stupid reckless divebomb on me where he totally didn't need to do that, I don't know who it was, just that it was a dark green Nissan GTR.
I had the ideal trajectory and he just divebomb'd on the inside where there was absolutely no space for him to be and he send me right at the boarding crashing into the wall with alot of damage as a result. After I finally got back in the pits I had 490 seconds damage repair. That destroyed my race.... so thanks for that....

After getting random freezes again in the pit while waiting for damage repair I noticed my RacePad on the iPad was acting strange and keep ketting stuck at the timer... I decided to disconnect it from the pc and after that the game didn't froze at all. After the damage was repaired I had a pretty decent race and offcourse I finished at the last place but I improved every lap.

Some of the GTR's where driving like crazy yesterday, overtaking where there was absolutely no space for them to be, just keep your cool and time your overtaking moment. Im not talking just for my self but for othere 370z's aswell.

I enjoyed this first season at the end knowing what my computer issues were and how to overcome them, that should help in the next races/seasons.

Thanks for the people who make this possible, much appreciated and see you all on track someday.

As a GTR driver yesterday, we had to be extra careful as there was not much of a performance gap between GT1 and GT4, or at least far less than in Nola.
Pretty instructive for a learning academy as we had to carefully plan our overtakes, all the more as not all 370 were behaving the same way. Some opened widely the door to GTRs, some kept the trajectory no matter what, some were slightly slowing before the normal braking point, etc.
As it was the last race to get the license I did not make any suicidal move (as I had a 30s stop & go I did not have any real chance), but still got surprised while braking out of the trajectory before the last turn, and almost stroke two 370s at the same time (hopefully I stopped just before doing that).

Interesting to see how I was reacting while racing in the GT4 category ("What the hell!!?? I didn't even see him coming, why did he need to pass right here?!") versus racing in the GTR ("No no no don't do that, I have nowhere to go if you close the door, wait for me to pass!! Holy sh*t that was close..."), and very instructive.

Btw Crew chief helped me a lot in not being surprised in the traffic, I strongly recommend this tool, especially as rF2 is quite poor regarding traffic and positions information.

Thanks for the season. I had a great race yesterday, so I can't complain. I drove a GT4 and didn't have any contacts during the race. I just expected some moves from the GT1 class, so I could avoid any incidents. Really enjoyed it!

Thanks to the admins for doing a great job in this league :thumbsup: (y)

Hello,

On behalf of my friend Nuno Rodrigues (Server 2) I'm posting this message, he's offline but sent me this message to put here (he sent it yesterday, sorry the delay).

Unfortunately yesterday (wednesday) I couldn't make it home in time for the race, as I feared and posted before the race. I'm sorry =/ I had to change my work shifts in order to sign-up for this season but yesterday I had no co-worker availiable to change shifts. I tried to commute though the rush hour in time but I failed.
I did 3 races, the first 2 went well, but at NOLA I had the game giving me 5 penaltys at once for an accidental off-track and had multiple line violations since I was not confident in the pit entry.
I was really hoping to make up for it yesterday (wednesday) but I couldn't unfortunately. Obviously the 5 penaltys that the game gave me, although "unfair", are no justification for pit entry violation but since I had to go through the pits an extra 5 fives and the violations were minor (I always tried to avoid the line) I hope you guys aren't to harsh on me
b731b88b6459090c02b8d1e31a552c5a.svg
Anyway I trust your call, just wanted to point out the penaltys I had since I don't know if that can be an attenuating circumstance or not.

And finnaly i got home.
Luis Carneiro sucessfuly posted my message (thank you Luis), so i really cant say anything else. Just add all the fun i had driving in this Academy. I was worsewile despite getting licence or not. But if it was like this in Academy, i can only imagine the VEC with my team mates and all the bunch ;-)
Thanks to everyone who raced and to those who can make this possible for us to race.