What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

S20 - Race 4 - Sepang

Matej Lakota

Reaction score
Race Length: 90 Minutes
Simulated Race Time: 14:00 - 15:30

Race schedule:
19:05 - Open practice
19:55 - All cars must be on the server, all racers connected to TeamSpeak (everyone alone in his own channel) - and stay there
20:34 - Whisper test
20:35 - 20:50 - Qualifying
20:50 - 20:55 - 5 min break/warmup
20:56 - Final whisper test (optional)
20:57 - Start of formation lap (on pitlimiter - single file, no overlap)
21:00 - Green flag at the red line marked on the track map bellow

Again, Server 2 will start with Quali 10min later

Real name mandatory, otherwise you will get black flag in open practice before the race.
Driver has to change nickname after 1st warning when admins notice he is not using real name, otherwise he will be excluded from SRCA league before the first race.

Server:
Flag rules:
Black only

Review the rules before joining the server for the race.
Orange Zone:
In effect through first full race lap

sepang.png

Stewards review

Server 1

Orange Zone:
58 Michal Galka overtakes Cyril Cherry during the formation lap. Drive Through to Michal Galka
63 Giel Niessen overtakes Danny van der Niet during the formation lap. Drive Through to Giel Niessen
314 Alain Setola's accident caused by screen freeze. No further action

Pit entry and exit blend line violations
IN
-

Out
3195 - Kaashif Iftikhar

Reported incidents/observed by race control:
840 "Michael Jaggie was driving the ideal trajectory, Giel Niessen tried to overtake on the outside line and left no room for anticipation or whatsoever." Michael got crashed out of the race - 30 sec stop and hold to Giel Niesen. He has to expect the 370z to get carried towards the outside of the turn due to the lack of downforce.
2148 - Giel Niessen reverses in the pits, does donuts, burn outs, reverses again - 60 sec stop and hold for dangerouse driving

Penalties for code 80-violations
1st code 80 at 1663.6
Miguel de los Rios speeding at the beginning of the code 80 - Drive Through
Kaashif Iftikhar speeding at the beginning of the code 80 - Drive Through

2nd code 80 at 2441.2
-

Final summary of penalties
Giel Niessen - 60 sec stop and hold + 60 sec stop and hold
Kaashif Iftikhar - 30 sec stop and hold
Michal Galka - Drive Through
Miguel de los Rios - Drive Through

Last edited by a moderator:
Server 2

Orange Zone:
305 - Alejandro Diaz clips J Mohedano in the T1 braking zone - DT to A Diaz Reina
310 - Jesus Mohedano fails to lock brakes, returns to the track collecting T. Gouveia - 60 sec stop and hold to J Mohedano for his reckless behaviour

Pit entry and exit blend line violations
IN
-

Out
-

Reported incidents/observed by race control:
1607 "Pedro C Costa fails to brake and crashes into Giacomo Noghera, sending him into a spin. Not only that, he keeps accellerating to lead Noghera further off and gain the position." - Pedro C Costa was far enough up at the point of turn in. Giacomo Noghera should have left more space at the apex but he leaves none. Furthermore Pedro C Costa does not accelerate, he brakes to avoid further contact, then sees Giacomo's car slide away from him. He picks up the throttle but because Giacomo does not lock the brakes his car slides back in front of Pedro. Pedro immediately brakes again. No fault of Pedro detected. This is deemed to be Noghera's fault with no further action necessary as he got spun.
4512 "Tiago Gouveia seems unsure whether or how to pass, chooses to try in a bad place, and makes contact. He spins but James Andrew continues." - No further action needed as Tiago spun.

Penalties for code 80-violations
1st code 80 at 2662.2
Chris Shepherd overtaking during the countdown of the code 80 - Drive Through
Jerome Rodrigues speeding at the beginning of the code 80 - Drive Through

2nd code 80 at 3556.0
Chris Shepherd speeding at the beginning of the code 80 - Drive Through
Jerome Rodrigues speeding at the beginning of the code 80 - Drive Through

Final summary of penalties
Alejandro Diaz - Drive Through
Chris Shepherd - 30 sec stop and hold
Jerome Rodrigues - 30 sec stop and hold
Jesus Mohedano - 60 sec stop and hold

Last edited by a moderator:
Twice in the last 24 hours my internet connection has temporarily dropped out. Might just be a problem with my router or it might be a service provider problem. Either way, I need to warn the admins that it is possible that I might be unable to race tomorrow or worse, get disconnected during the race. Hope not, because I'm looking forward to finishing the season nicely.

James, in the case of disconnection, do not press Esc but try to connect back on the server and finish the race. If driver has these kind of problems and see checkered flag anyway, we usually count his race as finished.

Sorry, my work needs me to cover a shift, I only found out about this now, I apologise for inconviniences.