What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

S20 - Race 3 - Nola

Well this race made me remember why you should always have 2 braking points :). I also went deep in the back straight when suddenly the 500 were one and ended up braking in the 300. same happend some laps later in the main straight.

my race was in general good. I wasnt fast at all. more than 3s. than top 3 guys. but after serving the penalty i found consistency and was having some nice fights to top 10. I did a good pitstop and hopefully didint miss any rule. however I got susprised when found @Daniel Contreras sliding from the utside to the inside out of conrol to hit me in my front. Thanks for your apologies Daniel, im sure it wasnt intentional. After that I got 6 min of repairs and went out last. still manged to finish p15.

@Gabriel Omar Maldonado Apologies for the two collossal outbraking manoevres into Turn 1. Both were not intended as overtakes. First time you seemed to slow faster than I did and I realised I was going to outbrake you, so I had to dive up the inside. Second time I briefly locked wheels and controlled a panic braking attempt up to the apex. Both times I was sitting there on the corner moving much slower than you and you tapped me lightly. Sorry. I guess I should have just run deep and wide both times, forgetting about the apex and letting you through.

I was lapping a little faster than you, though, so I wasn't keen to let you past again. Still, none of it should have happened and I do apologise.

Pretty decent race after all, tried to give all the room at the GT1s but still someone was capable to go wider and leaving me without space to go. Also, at all GT1 drivers, if you want to overtake a slower car, take you time, dont dive bomb at the first gap you see. This is sort of an endurance race, not a 20min sprint race where you have to force every move. Also, track rejoins were awfully bad. This race can be resumed in: Divebomb-divebomb and so on. @James Andrew no problem to be honest, no one was heavly damaged or race ruined, so for me is a race accident. Happy to see your apologies :D

unluckily my computer got restarted automatically due to automatic updates of Windows update. I hope that bad luck will go elsewhere for the last race.however, I luckily only lost 7 laps. See you next time.

Last edited:
This car is amazing!
After fighting against the setup for two days, I managed to have a decent "thing"
I was P8 in the QLY, and fortunately, after the start, in the first corner I could overtake two cars, I was P6.
I know that I had a 30sec Stop&GO penalty from the last race, so when its showed to me, I did it (think that was lap 3) but my surprise was when i get out of the pits and had another penalty for speeding in the pits (view attached image) totally my fault.
After that my race was pretty fun, avoiding slow cars trying not to put them in danger (I hope I did it well) In general, everyone did their job properly
I had some good fights with @Tiago Gouveia changing positions several times
Sorry @James Lyke in lap 18 I thought that I could managed to overtake you before the corner, but I couldn't causing a collision and both of us loosing the rear of our cars.
@Rory MacDuff in lap 19 I did hit you cause suddenly, after the first corner, you was inside my car, I think it was laggy at that moment. sorry anyway.
@Sven Heine This was ankward. I thought that in the pitlane, cars were invisible, but whe I tried to get to my pit crossing you, I crashed on you. Very sorry mate, I wish you didn't had any issue on your car after that...

And for the last, the best. I don't know if I finished my race properly, cause, after the clock hit 0, in th last lap, my rfactor2/Oculus freezed and I couldn't see the end of the race.
Reviewing the replay, I realized that I crashed onto @James Andrew but I didn't see anything. I only hope you had finished your race, mate...

Last race, some people with Oculus had the same problem and admins asked for the log file. Where can I find it to share with you if it helps.

Thank you in advance, and thanks to all drivers for the behavior in track!! See you next race!

Attachments

• nola.jpg
    nola.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 22
@Sven Heine This was ankward. I thought that in the pitlane, cars were invisible, but whe I tried to get to my pit crossing you, I crashed on you. Very sorry mate, I wish you didn't had any issue on your car after that...

And for the last, the best. I don't know if I finished my race properly, cause, after the clock hit 0, in th last lap, my rfactor2/Oculus freezed and I couldn't see the end of the race.
Reviewing the replay, I realized that I crashed onto @James Andrew but I didn't see anything. I only hope you had finished your race, mate...

Hi @Alejandro Diaz.

Too much iRacing. That's where the "invisible" pit lane cars live. ;)

I had not finished my race. I actually thought that you had finished and were celebrating too much. I was pretty angry. I guess that if you had a problem with the software, it was just bad luck. At least it was near the end - I crawled round the last lap on three wheels. Thanks for the explanation. I will not report the incident (I was going to).

Can't tell. I don't keep track of the DNFs
You need to have finished 3 races in a single season

Well that was a fun race, the rain sure made it one hell of an experience! Don't think I've ever driven in rain before (on rFactor at least)
Look forward to the next one!

Reactions: SJ
was an interesting race for sure, my rift went black screen at start of formation lap so I pulled over to the side to keep out of the way. Removed the rift and put it back on and screen was back?? Joined back of formation lap just before start. Getting thru the 370z at the start was good fun although I doubt they were expecting a GT1 to be coming past so early on. Had the tail end of the GT1's in sight and then the rain came..stayed out too long on slicks. Spun, hit wall, got a puncture. Limped round to pits but picked up a Stop/GO keeping out of the way. Realised too late that I had to turn the penalty off so came in pits and did Stop/Go instead of repairs. Limped round for another lap with puncture and back into pits for 4 1/2 mins of repairs. Thought I'd changed tyres, but obv not as back out on softs, spun, hit wall, limp back to pits for another 4mins of repairs. middle part of race was going ok, then towards the end I thought I could make up time by not pitting again as handling wasn't too bad even though my crew chief was telling me my front tyres were worn out. I was catching 370z's to try and un lap myself but every now and then the front would understeer and push wide and I'd lose any ground I'd made up...so just happy to make it to the end.

Hi mates. I need you to clarify the following point, please:
During the Split2 race held in Indianapolis, I was hit hard in the back of my car in the braking zone for turn 1 (running P3), when there were about 15 minutes left and I understand that the offender was sanctioned.
I won the Silverstone race and yesterday I got P3 in Nola (with 0% fuel).
I understand that 3 clean races are enough to obtain the license 4.
My question is as follows:
1. When a car leaves the race due to a crash caused by a third party, with 80 or 85% of the race already completed, is it understood as a completed race for the purpose of obtaining the license?
2. What happens if with 15 minutes left until the end of the last race (Sepang), my car is destroyed again by other car and I can not complete it?
I would not get my license?
Thanks, @Florian Koetz

Last edited: