What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

S2/R3 Montreal Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

rubbish race got caught by stop n goes and nursing a smoking engine I forgot to open rad fully after qualy. Messages from Erwin Levasier in chat distracted me. Had a couple of offs and one where I spun and Gabriel caught me. I saw him coming and waited for him to avoid but he just clipped me. Gave me some damage which cost me more time. One to forget really but 9th isn't bad I was 8th at one point before the penalties got me.

My best Q ever P5 !!!
And I get DQ because lights not on :-(
The first time i got it, but the 2nd time is switch on the lights (watch replay) and again DQ
Mannnnnn my best Quali ever in 15 years of simracen.
Why was the DQ not gone ?
You did turn on your lights but only after the game blackflagged you.

The important lesson is to turn on headlights before you even move a cm.
Oh yeah and never ever ever chat in a race session. Use TeamSpeak, no need to annoy other drivers with your specific issue.

The important lesson is to turn on headlights before you even move a cm.
Oh yeah and never ever ever chat in a race session. Use TeamSpeak, no need to annoy other drivers with your specific issue.
Yeah that was stupid of me, bit frustration i think.
And lights on @ night race is clear, but why a DQ so fast(after4 or5 seconds?
But anyway good lesson learnd

Oh and @Daryl Russell I don't know if it's on purpose or not but your name is different every round. This messes up the plugins we use (mainly the penalty system). In R2 it was Daryl Russell .(an extra space at the end) In R3 it suddenly was Daryl..Russell (an extra space in the middle)

Oh and @Daryl Russell I don't know if it's on purpose or not but your name is different every round. This messes up the plugins we use (mainly the penalty system). In R2 it was Daryl Russell .(an extra space at the end) In R3 it suddenly was Daryl..Russell (an extra space in the middle)
Ah didn't know that i will have to correct it. I change my name over in Steam depending what game i play. When i changed it back from wrexer i probably didn't check it.

It was good fun yesterday, the Megane really is a joy to drive. This was my first official race after a 2 year break from simracing and my first in rFactor2, so I was a bit nervous about it :D Qualifying was a little disappointing for me after having some good runs in training, but ultimately getting the raceset right paid off.

I had a big scare on the penultimate lap when my wheel's USB connection reset itself (my girlfriend turned off the bathroom lights, power surges on the grid somehow affect my wheel :confused:) which resulted in the car slamming on the brakes locking all 4 wheels for a few seconds. Luckily I was at a straight and nobody was near me. So I spent the last few minutes nursing the car home on badly flatspotted tires while trying not to get too upset about who/what caused it :D

It was good fun yesterday, the Megane really is a joy to drive. This was my first official race after a 2 year break from simracing and my first in rFactor2, so I was a bit nervous about it :D Qualifying was a little disappointing for me after having some good runs in training, but ultimately getting the raceset right paid off.

I had a big scare on the penultimate lap when my wheel's USB connection reset itself (my girlfriend turned off the bathroom lights, power surges on the grid somehow affect my wheel :confused:) which resulted in the car slamming on the brakes locking all 4 wheels for a few seconds. Luckily I was at a straight and nobody was near me. So I spent the last few minutes nursing the car home on badly flatspotted tires while trying not to get too upset about who/what caused it :D
Cool after a 2 year break you seem pretty quick. I been away the same length of time too and trying to get back into it again and in rfactor2. I got a fair bit of work to do though