What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

S2/R1 Estoril - No Chicane

Walking away with a P2 finish after qualyfying somewhere around P11 surprised me in the best possible way.

I had a very enjoyable race balancing tyre management with pace and some good on-track battles with other cars, especially with @Zoltan Toth who was keeping me honest in the first half of the race and @Marek Cieslak whom I have to thank for an amazing chase on very worn tyres. After him bringing the gap down from more than five seconds to less than half a second, he seemed to be starting to feel the pain from pushing on old tyres even more than I did and I managed to bring the gap back up to about two seconds till the end.

Grats @George Manousakis for taking a convincing win, I had nohing on your pace!

Also as a tip for all those who did two stops: Read the first post in this thread carefully. The Endurance version of this car has a bigger fuel tank.

I learnt lots of things yesterday:

- rubber marks on the track can be cleaned before race, so if you break under the references of the rubber marks, you're gonna have a bad time.
- when overtaking, do not get too close to the passed driver.
- you have to break WAY earlier in corners in race than in qualifying.
- I don't have to rush things up or I end spinning more times than I should do.

For me it was a disaster, I had more expectations but it was my first race in rf2 and I was using a controller. I must congratulate Manousakis for those supreme lap times, and humbly apologize for that guy that I forced out of the track on the main straight and damaging his car. I kept as gentleman as possible by letting him through all the time and pitting as soon as he pitted in. It was all my fault and I deeply apologize.

No wonder they say rF2 is the best sim out there, yesterday it showed me why. Next week I'll be able to race properly.

...and humbly apologize for that guy that I forced out of the track on the main straight and damaging his car. I kept as gentleman as possible by letting him through all the time and pitting as soon as he pitted in. It was all my fault and I deeply apologize...

That was me :(.
No problem mate, this things happen.
No hard feeling, so see you on the next race.
Thanks for apologizing by the way :).

I learnt lots of things yesterday:

- rubber marks on the track can be cleaned before race, so if you break under the references of the rubber marks, you're gonna have a bad time.
- when overtaking, do not get too close to the passed driver.
- you have to break WAY earlier in corners in race than in qualifying.
- I don't have to rush things up or I end spinning more times than I should do.

For me it was a disaster, I had more expectations but it was my first race in rf2 and I was using a controller. I must congratulate Manousakis for those supreme lap times, and humbly apologize for that guy that I forced out of the track on the main straight and damaging his car. I kept as gentleman as possible by letting him through all the time and pitting as soon as he pitted in. It was all my fault and I deeply apologize.

No wonder they say rF2 is the best sim out there, yesterday it showed me why. Next week I'll be able to race properly.
Can I ask why you are using a controller? Most here if not everybody me included use a wheel and pedals for the best experience

That was me :(.
No problem mate, this things happen.
No hard feeling, so see you on the next race.
Thanks for apologizing by the way :).

You don't know how relieved I am by reading this. Thanks.

Can I ask why you are using a controller? Most here if not everybody me included use a wheel and pedals for the best experience

I was on vacation, far away from home, and I didn't bring the wheel with me. But this tuesday I can race properly since I returned to home and I can race with my six year old G27.

I can tell you that controller shouldnt be a problem ;) Just practice and find your best settings ;)
I think some people disagree with what you tell because probably half of as think it's Aitor use keyboard or game pad. If we tell controller for some people it's steering wheel but for rest could be everything(mouse, game pad, keyboard, joystick).

I would like to apologize about my race. I did not train as much and as hard as I would have wanted to and did not developed a setup. So sorry about that image I gave everybody.
And just as a small demand, please can you call me V. Gazulla instead of V. Sancho? It is beacause I am used to my first surname than the second one. Thank you.

Victor, you showed us, even you made some mistakes, you respect other drivers and do not make troubles intentionally. We are sure you will find speed and also be more careful about white lines in next race(s). So, good luck, see you on the track :)

Can you also change your name in the game to Victor Gazulla (without Sancho and Spanish signs), so we will not make any mistakes in the future.